Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ancient technology

Options
  • 31-08-2009 9:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

OK this stems from a thread in the CT Forum where I tried to model the
    Baghdad Battery
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_battery

so now I'm tryin to hunt around and see if theres anything that has been found and possibly misclasified that might be a more advanced technology than the people classifying it had a frame of reference for.

or even if any of the posters here have seen something and thought, Hmm, that may have been misclasified originaly it could well be...........

so if you've ever looked at something and thought, hmmmmm, scholars have clasiried this as a prayer wheel but the continuous thin lines running around it look suspiciously like it might have been the centre of an electric motor.

like the things they found in egypt and clasified as bird toys originaly as the wright brothers were still infants and flight was unheard of, that sort of thing.

also Mods please dont kick this back to the CT Forum I'd be much more interested in hearing what the posters here have to say.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

OK So, no takers so far

I Zwas thinkin about something like this
    Argricultural-Tools_harrow.aspx
    ok its listed as a Harrow, andyes it probably was used as a Harrow, however it would loosely fit into what I'm on about, consider if it was semisubmerged into a copper bath full of acid, Would it also work along the lines I Zwas thinkin??

Advertisement