Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex Girfriend

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, Im a young guy aged 17, And today my girlfriend dumped me because of 2 rumors going around that I cheated on her. I did not. No matter what I say she doesn't beleive it. Before I started going out with this girl I did however have a reputation with other girls and lieing. But I never cheated or lied to my girlfriend(now ex). Things were going great and then today 2 people say I cheated on her to her. She will not tell me there names as she knows I will start going crazy at them as I know what they said is lies. The girl I supposedly cheated on my girlfriend with said to people I didn't do anything with him etc etc. But nope. My friends believe me as they know me best and Know I wouldn't do that.

However even eventually if she does come to her senses should I take her back? We do fight often but I cant imagine what I would do without her. Nor can I imagine her being with another guy.

Would really appreicate some advice on what to do. I tried ringing her and her friend answered and in the background I heard her tell her friend to hang up. I rang back a minute later and left a voicemail.

Should I just leave it at that? Bare in mind she has some of my things:)

All advice much appreicated. Any questions feel free to ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved to Relationship Issues.

OP, you only need to post once when posting unregistered. It can just take a while sometimes for one of the mods to get a chance to read and approve the post.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭VaioCruiser

Painful wrote: »
    Hi all, Im a young guy aged 17, And today my girlfriend dumped me because of 2 rumors going around that I cheated on her. I did not. No matter what I say she doesn't beleive it. Before I started going out with this girl I did however have a reputation with other girls and lieing. But I never cheated or lied to my girlfriend(now ex). Things were going great and then today 2 people say I cheated on her to her. She will not tell me there names as she knows I will start going crazy at them as I know what they said is lies. The girl I supposedly cheated on my girlfriend with said to people I didn't do anything with him etc etc. But nope. My friends believe me as they know me best and Know I wouldn't do that.

However even eventually if she does come to her senses should I take her back? We do fight often but I cant imagine what I would do without her. Nor can I imagine her being with another guy.

Would really appreicate some advice on what to do. I tried ringing her and her friend answered and in the background I heard her tell her friend to hang up. I rang back a minute later and left a voicemail.

Should I just leave it at that? Bare in mind she has some of my things:)

All advice much appreciated. Any questions feel free to ask.

Hi OP - from a much older guy.

First of all ... this is what happens when we get a reputation for lying. At the time it all seems harmless but down the line we pay the price. It;s not too late to start tomorrow and make a rule for yourself to change that reputation.

As regards this girl ... all you can do it talk to her and tell her the whole truth, bad and good and hope she changes her mind.

Look, if she won't change her mind.... you cannot force her. You have to suck it up and move on. It'll hurt for a while, but then it will be easier.

In the meantime .... remember ... get that reputation back on track and it will pay dividends down the line !

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry for double post. Didn't read proberly.

Thank you for advice. How can one's reputation change if nobody gives me the chance? My friends all believe and trust me. But I understand why the Ex has her doubts. But I cannot talk to her if she wont answer. I left a voicemail at 8:30 on her phone and I guess I'll give her time and space. Even the girl I accusedly cheated on her with texted my Ex saying We didn't etc etc. All my friends are saying we didn't etc etc..

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Just leave it for a while, let her calm down. Try talking to her in 2 or 3 days time, if she still won't believe you then I'd just ask for my stuff back and leave it at that. Your only 17, far too young to be worrying about that rubbish. In my opinion she isn't worth your time and effort if she automatically believes other people over you regardless of your reputation from before you were with her.

Advertisement