Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad about older friend

Options
  • 30-08-2009 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am 20 and I have an older friend who is 27. She has a boyfriend, but we get on really well when we go out. It's getting to the point I can't stop thinking about her, she's drop dead gorgeous, funny, nice, kind and we get on really well. I don't think she realises how I feel, and I don't want to wreck our friendship. Shes a good bit older, has a fella, and is probably way way out of my league, but I can't stop thinking about her. I just don't know what to do, so I am looking for some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

IShe has a boyfriend

This has nothing to do with her age but a lot to do with the fact she is in a relationship so leave her alone and find someone who is single....

TBH, at 27 I would have had no interest in a 20 years old guy - just think there would be a world of difference in experience.. I know you cant apply that to all people but it would never have progressed if it was me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭VaioCruiser

I am 20 and I have an older friend who is 27. She has a boyfriend, but we get on really well when we go out. It's getting to the point I can't stop thinking about her, she's drop dead gorgeous, funny, nice, kind and we get on really well. I don't think she realises how I feel, and I don't want to wreck our friendship. Shes a good bit older, has a fella, and is probably way way out of my league, but I can't stop thinking about her. I just don't know what to do, so I am looking for some advice.

You have to be careful here. You may just have a crush on her. She is unattainable so that makes it 'safe' to desire her.

If you make a move you risk losing her.

Either way there isn't anything you can do until she is free.

Be smart. Find someone else. Later, if she becomes free you can consider a crack at her.

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi guys, I know ye are right, it all sounds so simple. I'd give the same advice myself to someone else in the situation, but in real life it's not that easy. I can't stop thinking about her, and I cannot wait until next weekend in the hopes of seeing her again. I dunno what to do anymore

Advertisement