Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Spark!!

Options
  • 30-08-2009 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I don't seem to be able to develop a spark with any women I meet for some reason, they all say i'm good company, decent, kind etc. etc but it always ends the same way. I'm not pushy and probably too decent for my own good, I can appreciate i'm no oil painting but i'm not the worst in the world either. Please help, this is wrecking my head!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Similar boat, OP. Some women seem to be able to feel a spark with me and I just can't reciprocate. The problem is that I haven't found anyone in the last (well, let's just say, in an extended period of time) who stimulates me emotionally and intellectually. Nothing wrong with me, nothing wrong with you. Just gotta find the right girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It's not a case of 'making' a spark, it's either there or it's not. I know if it's there from the moment I meet someone, you can be the nicest, most gorgeous successful guy in the world, but if there's no spark, there's no interest in that way.
    You just haven't met the right lady yet (as cliche as it is to say), sure I've not met the right guy yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Is your problem that its only from their side or are you not attracted to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Is your problem that its only from their side or are you not attracted to them?

This was also my first thought.

Another thing that struck me, OP, was your description of yourself as "probably too decent for your own good". I have to say, that rang a few alarm bells for me. How does it work? Do you really think that if you were a nastier person, you would get on better?

It seems like a weird attitude, to be honest, and not conducive to a good clear look at what you want and what you're doing to achieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've gone out with the same women on a few dates and we get on fine but at the end of the day it's always the same, no spark and I feel it's mutual.
    Maybe i'm setting my sights too high or maybe they are, I just can't figure it out for sure.
    Thanks again for the help and it's good to see i'm not the only one with this problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

do not give up hope. You've only dated a small percentage of the world's women. Patience.

Advertisement