Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiography Course Requirements

Options
  • 30-08-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

My wife wants to go back to college as a mature student to study Radiography however she has no science background from school. Would this be a prerequisite for a mature student as it seems to be one for school leavers entering via the CAO system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 scatriona

Hi there
    I don't think it is a 'must have' for mature student applicants (i'm one, but do have a science qual from the LC). But she should concentrate on her personal statement in the CAO application process, and maybe enrol on an elementary science course in Open University to show she's serious and to give her some grounding as there's a few Physics modules in 1st year (in UCD anway)

S

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have a look at this sticky http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676871

From personal experience, universities do like you to have some science background. It would be easier for her in the long run anyway if she did some type of science course/subject.

Advertisement