Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I contact him?

Options
  • 30-08-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I met this really nice guy (well he seemed really nice) on an online dating site about a year ago. We emailed for a while and he gave me his personal email and phone number and told me he was leaving the site. Between one thing and another I didn't get in contact for a while and when I went back onto the site to get this details the messages were automatically deleted. I did however have his phone number written down which I recently found. I would much rather email but that is not an option. I only shared about 10 emails with this guy. This was about a year ago. Should I get in contact via phone? if so what would i say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

if you know his real name look him up on facebook.

If texting I'd make a joke about how random it is you texting him and a bit of chit-chat, seen how he responds.

Nothing to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

+1 to Bottle of Smoke -- you could always say you stumbled across the number and thought why not say hi

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

If it is a mobile number you have, why not dial to go direct to his voice mail, that way you can leave a friendly message saying you found his number recently and wondered would he like to get in touch again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Send a text to his number 'by accident'....

Advertisement