Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Golf GTI- 4,500. What to look out for...

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Good morning,

I'm going to have a look at a gti this afternoon.

The pricetag seems s little low. So I am little worried.

It's an 02 model, so from what I'm told doesn suffer from the oil burning
    problem that plagues the 98-00 mk4s.

It's only had two owners, the most recent of whom was a girl, with more money than sense.

It's a private sale, it's a friend of a friend.m, who s selling. Is there anything I should look out for fault wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Id be asking why is it so cheap?

Cheapest asking price for a 02 on carzone is €6,250.
    Id be wanting to know what work has been done to it,
    I'd be worried that it has some underlying issue and the owner wants to get rid of it before it costs them more money

Is there an ad available online for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

If it's a 1.8T then look for low/miscoloured/sludgy oil and listen for engine knocking noises. Turbo failure, white smoke on acceleration, low power. Make sure it has a service history.

Check for judder while braking from speed, steering wheel vibration, make sure the a/c works if it has it, make sure the ventilation works if it doesn't have a/c, and check that the pollen filter exists.

Walk away if you have any doubts at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Confab wrote: »
    If it's a 1.8T then look for low/miscoloured/sludgy oil and listen for engine knocking noises. Turbo failure, white smoke on acceleration, low power. Make sure it has a service history.

Check for judder while braking from speed, steering wheel vibration, make sure the a/c works if it has it, make sure the ventilation works if it doesn't have a/c, and check that the pollen filter exists.

Walk away if you have any doubts at all.

Make sure the timing belt has been done aswell,could be another reason for the low price

Advertisement