Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 power adapter

Options
  • 30-08-2009 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could tell where I could buy a new power thingy for my 360 or do I have to get it repaired?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

You have 2 options.

a) Ebay for a new power supply costing ~€25-30

b) Ebay for THIS and buy a 250watt ATX computer power supply with the CORRECT specs

The original Xbox 360 Power Supply provides 203 watts, and 12v DC current at 16.5 amps, and 5v DC at 1 Amp. For the PSU energyzer to work, your PC power supply must provide this much SUSTAINED power at a minimum.

Many PC power supplies are rated for PEAK power instead of sustained power, so you must check the label of your power supply to see if it provides enough sustained power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Shnitszer

Thanks for replying Soundman. However is there no way I could just buy one from a street store, say Gamestop or Xtravision? Also the first option doesn't seem to be the right plug for Ireland. At least thats what I see from the photo provided:

Powerbrick_AC_Xbox360_1.jpg

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No, the first one is spot on.

Powerbrick_AC_adapter_voor_Xbox360_1.jpg

The end with the appearance of a 6 square grid goes into your 360, then the brick has a AC adapter which goes from it into the wall.

That'll work just fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

make sure you buy the right psu for your xbox with each revision they've decreased the wattage, and in order that you don't blow your 360 they have changed the power connecter see the following link to decide which type you have http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=3

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

you could buy one from mediawrite.ie
    or else you could try and ring up MS, someone in the workplace, his power block went faulty and ms gave him a new one, his xbox was out of warrenty and got it for free

• Advertisement

Thanks alot for the help everyone. Decided to ring MS and they said they would give me a replacement for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good work Shnitszer!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Shnitszer wrote: »
    Thanks alot for the help everyone. Decided to ring MS and they said they would give me a replacement for free.
    excellant... that thanks should be going my way!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Shnitszer wrote: »

Damn i should have done that, i bought one for 80 euro last year

Damn i should have done that, i bought one for 80 euro last year
    Ouch!
    Lenny wrote: »
    excellant... that thanks should be going my way!! lol
    I would but my posts are below 20, it says I can't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement