Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whether to move on or not

Options
  • 30-08-2009 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

not posted on here before so bare with me!!
    basically was with guy for 3 months and all was good. we were pretty close but hadn't said the big 3 words as yet though there were moments when well ya know ya get all gushy!!!
    for last 2 wks of relationship he got bit distant and quiet, would go 2 days with no contact which unusual as we txt everyday.
    i finally pull him up on it and he confesses " his head up his arse" he unemployed and finding it hard to find job. he not a bum by any means was getting work where he could. but the whole no permanant work and not knowing when it would changed was really getting to him so he said he wanted to "leave it for a while"
    when i queried he said i'd be better doing my own thing. as he couldn't ask me to wait around as he didnt know when or where things would changed. the guy really depressed by my thinking.#we've txt once since when i was told of job that might suit him and we had quick "how you keeplng" and all that but i just ended the convo as found it too hard with just keep in touch.
    i really really miss him. it 2 wks now since last contact and i know he need space to sort himself out but is it worth me hopeing deep down that he'll come back when he sorted?
    we weren't together that long i suppose but when ya find a good one ya kinda dont want to let them go!!!!! he treated me really well while 2gether.
    any thoughts would help. girlfriends are the usual....all men are bas***ds. doesnt help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I hate to say it but from reading your post, I think he was using the job situation as an excuse to break up.

It's hard, even after only a few months, but try to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Sounds like he kinda wanted to break up ... he went quiet for a few days, when you pulled him on it he was trying a nice way to put breaking up. It's not uncommon, a couple of the guys who've broken up with me have reacted that way, gone quiet for a few days/week and when you go 'what's up' they kinda go 'welll... it's just... you know..' blah blah.

I think you need to try and let go of the hope, it's hard but it'll do you better. If he comes back, then he does, but tbh I don't think he will.
    Not all men are sods, he's probably not either, he just maybe wasn't feeling it after a while, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

I might be totally barking up the wrong tree here, but this doesn't mean anything to you does it? :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055663015

If not, then I have to agree with star-pants. Try to move on, and if he does come back then great, but if not at least you've already started the healing process.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Piglet85 wrote: »
    I might be totally barking up the wrong tree here, but this doesn't mean anything to you does it? :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055663015

If not, then I have to agree with star-pants. Try to move on, and if he does come back then great, but if not at least you've already started the healing process.

oh my god that sounds just like him. and yeah he say" i like ya alot but can we leave it for while" Poor bugger!!! kinda helps knowing what he was thinking. cause he totally crap at talking anything through!!!!

But have to say was thinking of the whole moving on anyhow. just sometimes ya need to bounce the idea of people.
    Thanks for all help.
    :)

Advertisement