Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why wait to change piercings?

Options
  • 29-08-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Just wondering why i should wait to change my eyebrow piercing. I got a second eyebrow piercing on the same brow as the original. It looks bad as theyre both different bars. Im seriously thinking of just changing the bar straight away i dont understand what harmit could do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

your piercing is still healing, putting a new bar in will agitate the area and slow up healing time. You aren't trained in cross contamination, don't have access to a auto-clave and probably aren't used to jewellery changes on a fresh piercing. If you don't follow through properly you may lose the forming fistula (hole) and have to go to your piercer to get it opened. Also on top of all that your jewellery is most likely dirty in some way shape or form, only an autoclave can fully clean it to the required standard and your jewellery choice may be too short which will agitate the piercing and may cause a whole host of other problems.

Easiest, most painless and least complicated way is to just tough it out with your new jewellery in. Let it heal and then go back to your piercer where you can get it changed knowing full well you won't introduce any shoite into your system and get a nasty infection and end up on a perscription.

This can further lead to more complications where you can't drink alcohol (if you do drink) due to the possible tablets you may be put on. You will get a nasty infection and will look way worse than un-even barbells in your eyebrow. This can further lead to more issues where your social life may be affected by your not being able to drink alcohol. Your friend may rip the píss out of you for being so silly, they may even disown you. Then you will be left friendless :( You don't want that do you? I don't want that for you. I want you to have friends and be happy, and have the odd drink and not be put on tablets to battle a nasty infection in your eyebrow. I just couldn't do it.

For the sake of your social life, friends, appearance, mental well being and (selfishly) my peace of mind please don't change the barbell in your eyebrow when it's still healing.

Do you really want to risk all of the above just so you can have matching barbells?
    Can you not just wait a mere few weeks and save essentially what is your future?

I know you will do the right thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Will wrote: »
    your piercing is still healing, putting a new bar in will agitate the area and slow up healing time. You aren't trained in cross contamination, don't have access to a auto-clave and probably aren't used to jewellery changes on a fresh piercing. If you don't follow through properly you may lose the forming fistula (hole) and have to go to your piercer to get it opened. Also on top of all that your jewellery is most likely dirty in some way shape or form, only an autoclave can fully clean it to the required standard and your jewellery choice may be too short which will agitate the piercing and may cause a whole host of other problems.

Easiest, most painless and least complicated way is to just tough it out with your new jewellery in. Let it heal and then go back to your piercer where you can get it changed knowing full well you won't introduce any shoite into your system and get a nasty infection and end up on a perscription.

This can further lead to more complications where you can't drink alcohol (if you do drink) due to the possible tablets you may be put on. You will get a nasty infection and will look way worse than un-even barbells in your eyebrow. This can further lead to more issues where your social life may be affected by your not being able to drink alcohol. Your friend may rip the píss out of you for being so silly, they may even disown you. Then you will be left friendless :( You don't want that do you? I don't want that for you. I want you to have friends and be happy, and have the odd drink and not be put on tablets to battle a nasty infection in your eyebrow. I just couldn't do it.

For the sake of your social life, friends, appearance, mental well being and (selfishly) my peace of mind please don't change the barbell in your eyebrow when it's still healing.

Do you really want to risk all of the above just so you can have matching barbells?
    Can you not just wait a mere few weeks and save essentially what is your future?

Is Will drunk?

Because I'm pretty pissed , and I could very much relate to that post and I found it hil;arius!

Yet very ture, so tak e the advie as given!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Then you will be left friendless :( You don't want that do you? I don't want that for you. I want you to have friends and be happy, and have the odd drink and not be put on tablets to battle a nasty infection in your eyebrow. I just couldn't do it.

LOL Sofaspud, I think he is. :P

Nah was as sober as a judge was just trying to be funny.

In all seriousness though its a really bad idea to change jewellery in a new piercing, you could get an infection or even worse, which will look and feel horrible compared to odd jewellery

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

Well ur after scaring the ****e outta me so mission accomplished! Had a good laugh too:D

• Advertisement

Excellent, glad you saw the funny side. Some wouldn't. As I said just wait a few weeks to let it heal then head back to where ever you got it and they'l change it for you. Hurts like a mo fo to change fresh piercings also, so best avoided

Ye i will wait its just i have a good few other piercings but ive never wanted to change the bar/stud before it healed and i never realised you couldnt. sort of annoying is all but ill get over it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Femke

Can't you just change the barbell of you healed piercing into something that looks more like the one in your new one? :P

touché

the new bar is terrible i got it done in ayia napa and they only had the large straighter unfinished bars. It doesnt even have the chrome/ shiny finish ive never seen one like it round here and i wouldnt put another one in even if i saw it. Its also just far too big for the piercing (imo)

• Advertisement

go to your local piercer then, sounds dodgy to be honest

Ye i probably should. No problems so far tho

Advertisement