Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght to East Point Business Park?

Options
  • 29-08-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what would be the quickest way from Tallaght to East Point Business Park? I'd probably be leaving about 7 in the morning.
    Is my best bet Luas to Connolly, then a Dart? How long does the Luas take (I know the site says 46 minutes.. but in real life, at about that time in the morning?!)
    Is there any quicker way, perhaps getting off the Luas and getting a bus?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

I think your onto the best bet alright by taking the luas to Connolly and then a DART to Clontarf. Clontarf station is nearly opposite the entrance to East Point, but theres a shuttle bus service every 10 mins that will collect you outside the station and bring you into the heart of the business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Thanks for the reply :)
    Just wondering if anyone would know how long the 77 or 77a would take, getting off for the Dart at Pearse, at that time in the morning? Would I be better sticking with the Luas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Yes, stick with the LUAS. I did that commute a good few times in another life...

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Grand, sorted - thanks a lot!
    I'm guessing it takes about 1 hour, 20 minutes, if you time a Dart well..?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

When I used commute from East Point into town/Connolly, I found that sometimes it was quicker just to walk to Fairview Park and take a bus.

The shuttle bus to the Dart is free btw, but at peak times you'll usually have to wait for the 2nd or 3rd bus. Also, fwiw, on the East Point end, there used to be quite a few queue-jumpers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement