Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New rabbits

Options
  • 29-08-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I got two rabbits the other day. It's the first time I've ever had rabbits. I only got them on Thursday but they are already getting tame. They don't mind being stroked and come rushing over when they hear the fridge open. We are keeping them as house bunnies and have bunny proofed the kitchen but they have not yet ventured out of their cage, or even attempted to, despite the door being open whenever we're in the kitchen. Will they venture out on their own or should I try and encourage them?

Thanks,

Ergo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

They'll be fine just give them a couple of weeks to settle in and get used to their new routine and the new sights and smells etc. and make sure they always have access to their hidey place if they get spooked.

Don't worry they'll be under your feet and into everything in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

My brother has two house (apartment really) bunnies, which he has somehow trained to go to the toilet only in their cage. They wonder over to it when ever they need too, he also has the trained to sit on the sofa beside them whilst he grooms them. Just an idea for you to try with them!
    Let them take their time and venture out, believe me it won't be long before you will be picking them out of the most unusual of places! :)

Advertisement