Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bing does not Index website's enough

Options
  • 29-08-2009 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi all,

This is to warn anybody who submits their website to bing's search engine. Bing is still a long way behind yahoo and google. One of they main factors with bing that alot of people are having problems with is the way bing Indexes the website. It is well known that they do not index it as quickly as google but it'll probably take 6 months if you have 25 pages or so for all your pages to be indexed. Alot of people in bing's forums has argued that they have only indexed 1 of the web pages.

So please beware of this when submitting your website to bing. I believe bing are still working on this problem but it'll take a good while before websites become indexed more often.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

??????????

Not really sure what the point of this thread is, but I would have to say to anyone thinking of submitting their site to bing or other search engines, not to bother.

Build good quality links to your website - it will me much more beneficial to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

but I would have to say to anyone thinking of submitting their site to bing or other search engines, not to bother.

If you don't submit your site to any search engine then it will NOT be shown in any of those search engines until they are found. How are people going to find you? word of mouth? offline advertising? but people who don't hear about your website won't find it.
    Build good quality links to your website - it will me much more beneficial to you.

Build good quality links to your website are only good for you if your website is indexed by search engines. Everyone has to build quality links anyway to get top ranking in any of the search engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

HandWS LTD wrote: »
    If you don't submit your site to any search engine then it will NOT be shown in any of those search engines. How are people going to find you? word of mouth? offline advertising? but people who don't hear about your website won't find it.
    Completely wrong
    Build good quality links to your website are only good for you if your website is submitted to search engines.
    again, wrong.

Sorry, are you saying that the search engines will index your website without submitting them? by finding it themselves via a robot file? that is no good for new websites as it might take ages to find them

Sorry, are you saying that the search engines will index your website without submitting them? by finding it themselves via a robot file? that is no good for new websites as it might take ages to find them

Hi Hands,

Without being rude, it's clear that you really haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

If you're going to give advice, can you please make sure you understand it in more detail.

• Advertisement

No clue?? All our customers are top ranked highly in different markets from what we did for them. No explanation from you will not get your customers anywhere.

No clue?? All our customers are top ranked highly in different markets from what we did for them. No explanation from you will not get your customers anywhere.

Would love to see those clients - I would hazard a guess that they are doing well for non-competitive keyphrases.

The simple fact is that you don't need to submit your site to the search engines for them to appear on them. In most cases it works out better to let them find you organically through quality links from other websites.
    by finding it themselves via a robot file

This other comment adds to my reasons for thinking you haven't got a clue.

They are in fact some competitive keywords that they are ranked high for.

As i have quoted, above i did mention that you are expecting them to find you instead. I forgot to mention in that quote that are you expecting the search engines to find you thru the quality of links.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kdaly100

Submitting your site to a search engine is good practice but as mentioned it is not essential. All submission does is tell Google, Bing and Yahoo "Hello I exist". It does not help you rank or increase the frequency of crawling.

Exactly......In my opinion it is a quicker option for brand new websites who have not got many quality link backs

• Advertisement

They are in fact some competitive keywords that they are ranked high for.

Would love to see them......... why not post some links?
    As i have quoted, above i did mention that you are expecting them to find you instead. I forgot to mention in that quote that are you expecting the search engines to find you thru the quality of links.

:confused:

Two things you say that are untrue :

1. If you don't submit your site to any search engine then it will NOT be shown in any of those search engines.

2. Build(ing) good quality links to your website are only good for you if your website is submitted to search engines.

You're talking about something that you don't properly understand.
    kdaly100 wrote: »
    Submitting your site to a search engine is good practice but as mentioned it is not essential. All submission does is tell Google, Bing and Yahoo "Hello I exist". It does not help you rank or increase the frequency of crawling.

I wouldn't say it's "good practice" either - I would say that's it bad practice as it's lazy. Your site is likely to be indexed much quicker - plus you have a quality link too if found organically through a good link!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Exactly......In my opinion it is a quicker option for brand new websites who have not got many quality link backs
    Yes, it's a quick option to be ranked on the 11000th page of search results. Unless of course the person is searching for "Bills Dent Repairs Service for old Alfa Romeos from the 1980s" which happens to be the title of your website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

If you don't submit your site to any search engine then it will NOT be shown in any of those search engines until they are found.

Total nonsense!

Advertisement