Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

26 returning to college-help!!!

Options
  • 29-08-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

I am returning to college as a mature student. I have decided to do business/law in Dublin Business school. I have worked full time for past number of years and up to this week. I was wondering what finincial grants/benifets are available to me. I will be moving counties/renting/paying €5200 a year to do the course. any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 candysapple

DBS is a private college so there are no grants. You do get tax relief on the fees you pay (the college will tell you about that). You said your working up to this week, does that mean you are being made redundant or are you leaving. If it's redundancy you may be entitled to the Back to Education Allowance through social welfare.
    Lots of credit unions offer bursaries to members so if you are part of one it's worth checking out.
    Hope that helps.

Advertisement