Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Challenge Cup Final

Options
  • 29-08-2009 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Should've been there, stupid college.

Fancy Warrington today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Great match, Giants are only getting into the game now and are finally getting to grips with the "final". Tbh it looks like the Giants should win this if they manage to keep their momentum going this way, Warrington haven't done much since Huddersfield woke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Bloody enjoyable game. The Giants let the occasion get to them, whereas, unusually, Warrie managed not to blow the advantage of that first quarter whirlwind opening. Also, how in the name of God did Monaghan win the Lance Todd over Briers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

toomevara wrote: »
    Bloody enjoyable game. The Giants let the occasion get to them, whereas, unusually, Warrie managed not to blow the advantage of that first quarter whirlwind opening. Also, how in the name of God did Monaghan win the Lance Todd over Briers?

I think the problem is with Huddersfield is that they have one gameplan and one gameplan only, really it was impossible to tell that they were in a final they played that match like they'v played every other match in SL. Warrington did their homework on them and knew that if they surprised them in the first 10 minutes and started to get Huddersfield to force the game they'd have a huge advantage. Giants lost for the same reasons they lost to Bradford and Cas, forced them game with ridiculous passes and offloads and had to chase the game looking for scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Stev_o wrote: »
    I think the problem is with Huddersfield is that they have one gameplan and one gameplan only,

Yep, loss of Brown didn't help them either, and Ganson was very hot on their game slowing tactics and perennial off side at the PTB. Hodgson,usually a lovely player to watch, also seemed to have, uncharacteristically for him, an off-game. To be honest, I rate Nathan Brown as a good manager and he's done alot with the club, but I find them hard to watch, just a tad too negative/defence based for my taste...

Advertisement