Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Port

Options
  • 29-08-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just received a few bottles of 1945 Croft vintage port. I am just wondering how much a bottle would go for if I was to sell one and would there be enough interested to sell one in Ireland??

Any thoughts would be great and appreciated.

Peter

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Deveney's off licence in Dundrum do a good line in vintge port. They'd probably be able to help you with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Thanks Beernut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Jeez, a bottle that old is probably way past it's sell by date. You'd want to pay someone to take that off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

A quick search on google says anywhere from 450 - 650 euro a bottle !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 desk1

Depends how it was stored really. Don't know if many people or retailers would buy without provenece or proof of storage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

Sir Molle wrote: »
    Jeez, a bottle that old is probably way past it's sell by date. You'd want to pay someone to take that off your hands.

Au contraire, a good vintage port (once stored okay) will last for many decades. I think they reach drinking age anywhere from 10 - 40 years (Not a Port Pro though so that is open for correction). I think 1945 could be pushing it as it may have passed its peak but I would imagine it still tastes very good.

It would also be worth a few hundred too...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

Also (Peadar06) your signature is DIT's ISP speed, this leads me to think you're a student?

If so I salute you. I think it would be safe to say you're probably the only €450+ vintage port drinking student in Ireland! (Have to say, I'm a bit jealous)

Advertisement