Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking beside traffic?!!

Options
  • 29-08-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

i was walking out of town today in Limerick which means crossing over a long bridge with a traffic jam rite the way back as far as i could see, and it just occurred to me that all these people sitting in their cars could be looking at me, there was only a traffic jam the one way (coming at my direction) and i couldnt keep a straight face..felt like i had to laugh or something! i absolutely hate it! and there was 3 city busses absolutely packed..no one could do anything really but look out the window and just look at me, call me paranoid but all i could do was turn my head away from the cars and smirk! all i could think of was all the people..staring at me!

has this happened to anyone else?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes, and I've laughed at them before. Often while strutting or skipping along, taking time to do crunches and stretches, tie my shoes, stretch, enjoy the fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Get a car ya hippy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

You should've done something that says, "I'm not uncomfortable". Like whip out your cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

We are also judging you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

jackncoke wrote: »
    Get a car ya hippy

i have a car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I stick my hands out in front of me and pretend I'm holding a steering wheel, make *broom broom* engine noises and speedwalk past them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I like to put both hands down my pants and do a funny walk when this happens

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    i have a car!

And you were walking?

For shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

And you were walking?

For shame

ya..i know! i dont like parking in town, i park accross the river avoiding getting a ticket..and yes im too lazy to get a parking disc

• Advertisement

ya..i know! i dont like parking in town, i park accross the river avoiding getting a ticket..and yes im too lazy to get a parking disc

Is it at least a nice car?

Is it at least a nice car?

cough..micra...cough..900 euro...hangs head in shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

cough..micra...cough..900 euro...hangs head in shame
    That explains everything why you walk...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

i was walking out of town today in Limerick which means crossing over a long bridge with a traffic jam rite the way back as far as i could see, and it just occurred to me that all these people sitting in their cars could be looking at me, there was only a traffic jam the one way (coming at my direction) and i couldnt keep a straight face..felt like i had to laugh or something! i absolutely hate it! and there was 3 city busses absolutely packed..no one could do anything really but look out the window and just look at me, call me paranoid but all i could do was turn my head away from the cars and smirk! all i could think of was all the people..staring at me!

Stay off of Sarsfield Bridge then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Did you enjoy them looking at you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Was this in an area where lots of cars seem to be "parked"? Where you might for example take your dog for walk? were you looking right into "parked" cars? Did anybody call you over to their car? Were there couples in said cars with lights on inside?? Were there? ooh suits you sir!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

ya..i know!i dont like parking in town can't parallel park my girly-girl's car, i park accross the river avoiding getting a ticket looking like a woman..and yes im too lazy to get a parking disc
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

....i couldnt keep a straight face..felt like i had to laugh or something! i absolutely hate it! and there was 3 city busses absolutely packed..no one could do anything really but look out the window and just look at me, call me paranoid but all i could do was turn my head away from the cars and smirk! all i could think of was all the people..staring at me!

Yes! And i think that they are looking at you! after all they're sitting there doing nothing, going no-where, and some limerick chap walks by.. SMIRKING!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You know they're all just thinking.."he's high on goofballs"

except for that one person....who's eyes are staring right through to your soul, they can feel your heart beat, they can taste each breath you take, feel your aquardness, the weight of each foot as you push to take longer strides to get out of there. You know that one person is searching you, rummaging through your thoughts, inwardly laughing at you, mocking you.

That's when you start to sweat, feel uncomfortable and break into a run....:pac:

the bridge in question!

3156432223_a23d7a1f9a.jpg

you can see the traffic on this one!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/96185638@N00/3314784006/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wait is that the one by the Castle or the one by the Hilton?

If the OP had been about Binns bridge or somewhere else in Dublin, we would have had at least 10 posts screaming "Dublin forum ftw etc. etc."

Double stantards and all that bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Nothing better than a nice gloat in the fresh air.

Overheal wrote: »
    wait is that the one by the Castle or the one by the Hilton?

by the hilton, the 3 bridges are nutorious for people looking at you as its quite a long and straight stretch of traffic!

traffic on bridge on right of pic!
    http://lh3.ggpht.com/_q1bcqFEQMbE/SCQF7yG37HI/AAAAAAAABSw/3Y0bwMcpfvA/DSCN2461.JPG

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

the bridge in question!

3156432223_a23d7a1f9a.jpg

I was half expecting a ship to hit that foggy bridge. Like in..um.....Jurassic Park 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

i was wanking out of town today in Limerick which means crossing over a long bridge with a traffic jam rite the way back as far as i could see, and it just occurred to me that all these people sitting in their cars could be looking at me, there was only a traffic jam the one way (cumming at my direction) and i couldnt keep a straight face..felt like i had to laugh or something! i absolutely hate it! and there was 3 city busses absolutely packed..no one could do anything really but look out the window and just look at me, call me paranoid but all i could do was turn my head away from the cars and smirk! all i could think of was all the people..staring at me!

You is not right

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Well when I'm in my car stuck in traffic, I don't tend to stare at crazy guys who are walking unless they are hot
    so I think you might have been ok unless you are hot?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

by the hilton, the 3 bridges are nutorious for people looking at you

thats right...blame the bridge! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

it would be so funny if you tripped while smirking, and arose to see all the people in cars laughing at you...

It would be even funnier if you did the trip and run recovery...(no youtube here at work, will post a link to that later, Billy Connolly joke)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The trick is to go into a roll after you trip, stand up promptly, adjust your dicky bow, then skip the rest of the way.

Advertisement