Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat6 cable

Options
  • 29-08-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get at least 100m cat6 cable. Would anyone know anywhere in dublin i could get it today or tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Maplin will have it, although it might cost a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Wesco in Navan do CAT cable. i got a quote the other day for CAT5e. A roll of 305m was €59 all in. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

.....or www.woodcomm.ie . They are based in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I tried maplin, they only had 8meter left, i'm looking for 100m+, couldnt find a number for wesco and wood communications is closed but think wood communications will do as is right beside my job can head in early in the morning :).

deceit wrote: »
    I tried maplin, they only had 8meter left, i'm looking for 100m+, couldnt find a number for wesco and wood communications is closed but think wood communications will do as is right beside my job can head in early in the morning :).

That's handy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Thanks bigpaddy2004 for the link, picked up 305m of cat6 cable today, was only 70 quid :). Has loads of other things also that have been looking out for so will have to pick up a few more things.

Your welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

There are a number of suppliers of this around Dublin. Be careful what brand you buy as some are not truly compliant. Why do you require Cat 6?

Cat 5e will run 1gb to the desk.

Try Beacon Comm, Temple Sales or Deering Comm.

Advertisement