Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Brick House?

Options
  • 29-08-2009 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭

My nosiness is getting the better of me. I go up and down to Dublin on the N4 maybe twice a month. On the way home, about a mile the Sligo side of Newtownforbes on the right hand side, there is a big red brick two storey house that has never been finished. It must be like that a good few years now. Can anyone tell me what the storey with it is? Is it up for sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

AFAIK planning permission was never granted and the owner decided to proceed in spite of this in the hope that it there was a CPO on the land for the new road he would get more for it because of the house. Just what I heard ... hear a lie, tell a lie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I had heard that whoever was building it was killed during its construction so it never got finished.

Like the previous poster though,hear a lie tell a lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

the planning permission wasnt granted, thats what i heard, dont know why it wasnt knocked tho, also heard that the guy ran outa money...

nedtheshed wrote: »
    I had heard that whoever was building it was killed during its construction so it never got finished.

Like the previous poster though,hear a lie tell a lie!

Nope it belongs to a local solictor.
    the planning permission wasnt granted, thats what i heard, dont know why it wasnt knocked tho, also heard that the guy ran outa money...

Nope see above.

There is a planned bypass running very near it. ~shrug~

Advertisement