Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Separation of Church and State

Options
  • 29-08-2009 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

It's really becoming a problem. With the newly-founded anti-theist league under the banner of Richard Dawkins and other Nananananana-I'm-Gonna-Start-a-Fight-ers, I find we Christians, we believers in general are being oppressed.

We have a right to instill the values and teachings of Jesus (or Mohammed, if that's what you're into :rolleyes:) into our children! I'll be damned if Atheists are going to deprive me of that.

And yes, cultural diversity is key, I know that. But just think of the atrocities that have been carried out as a DIRECT RESULT of atheism. Just look at Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Genghis Khan and pretty much any Communist!

We need to unite as a people and stop these sneaky, goddamn annoying Dawkinsians before they completely undermine what we worked so hard for during the Celtic Tiger.

And we are not alone in this. But we're always looking for more supporters! :P

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Only the actual nutters who believe this stuff can come accross convincingly online IMO, you almost had me going for a second though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

IBTSODA
    (In Before The Swarm Of Defensive Atheists...kinda catchy ain't it?)

What're you referring to that we worked so hard for during the Celtic Tiger?
    I must disagree that we Christians are being oppressed, where I live I know nobody that is scorned upon because of their beliefs. BTW, I'd get rid of the rolleyes you have after "or Muhammed, if that's what you're into". It's abit ignorant, they see our religion in the exact same way and you seem to scorning upon them in the way you describe. That is if what you mean by that, unless I'm missing the point completely! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from AHs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

And yes, cultural diversity is key, I know that. But just think of the atrocities that have been carried out as a DIRECT RESULT of atheism. Just look at Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Genghis Khan and pretty much any Communist!

Catholicism would be responsible for more deaths then all those folk combined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

It's really becoming a problem. With the newly-founded anti-theist league under the banner of Richard Dawkins and other Nananananana-I'm-Gonna-Start-a-Fight-ers, I find we Christians, we believers in general are being oppressed.

We have a right to instill the values and teachings of Jesus (or Mohammed, if that's what you're into :rolleyes:) into our children! I'll be damned if Atheists are going to deprive me of that.

We need to unite as a people and stop these sneaky, goddamn annoying Dawkinsians before they completely undermine what we worked so hard for during the Celtic Tiger.

And we are not alone in this. But we're always looking for more supporters! :P

I really wish you the best of luck....on AH.
    If I were you I would restrict this to the religion forum tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Troll fest is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

PDN wrote: »
    Troll fest is over.

But, for entertainment value, I'm tossing it back over the fence. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Tut tut. You should know better. But you don't because you only posted to get a rise out of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,953 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PDN wrote: »
    But, for entertainment value, I'm tossing it back over the fence. :)
    *facepalm*

/removes thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Christians are being opressed?

Good enough for them- turn the other cheek OR you could start persecuting people willy nilly on religious grounds, ya know like the Cruisades and the Spanish inquisition.

Blood makes baby Jesus laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

If this thread stays open,

IBJ&SV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Troll thread...

Yum

NO!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement