Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Age Restriction

Options
  • 28-08-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

anyone know why the age for mature students is 23?? Im 22 and was looking to go back to do what i really want to do which is Primary School Teaching. Cant understand why its 23 while over in England you are considered a mature student at 21.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 B-Jazus

Don't students in the UK usually finish their A Levels at a younger age than ourselves in Ireland finishing our leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

yeh sorry mate deffinetely 23 although be warned when they say 23 what they really mean is 23 as of Jan 1st of the year you wish to start, so for most of us that means 24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

B-Jazus wrote: »
    Don't students in the UK usually finish their A Levels at a younger age than ourselves in Ireland finishing our leaving cert?

Not necessarily. Though they do start secondary at 11, have 3 years to GCSE (bringing them to 14 years old), and then 2 years for AS/A2 level so many are only 16 when they finish up. I don't know what the reason is re the 21 v 23 thing, I just know it's what made me go to NI to do my degree when I was 22!:)

Advertisement