Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great goldfish dilemma

Options
  • 28-08-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Well the fiances goldfish alfie finally kicked the can after 7 years of goldfish biss. As the trauma is naturally too great for herself :rolleyes: old snyper here is the one to decide an adequet yet quaint disposal of the remains.

Alas, i do not take these decisions lightly, i will leave it in the hands of AH.

Your options by poll..

Bury it (her choice)
    Flush it
    Bin it
    Feed him to the cat. (my idea..2 birds one stone)

What shall i do with our dead goldfish? 78 votes

Bury it
    0% 0 votes
    Bin it
    28% 22 votes
    flush it
    2% 2 votes
    Feed him to the cat..nyom nyom
    33% 26 votes
    atari jaguar is sick..gots swine flu
    35% 28 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Make a sandwich. Salmon and tuna are overrated anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Feed to the cat for sure

post pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Grill it. Bit of mayo with it. Savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Flush it - save water and cut down on bills!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Taxidermist for at least 7 more

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Flush it - save water and cut down on bills!

Bury it. Add its nutrients to the soil (good for the earth!), saves at least one extra wasted flush of a toilet too.
    Kill of a few hundred thousand more and in a few centuries you might have the beginnings of an oil field! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Snyper in posession of the corpse of a seven year old?

That can't be good......

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

feed em to the cat.

You'll save your self 70c on a can of cat food. In the good ol' days you could afford to do such things as bury a fish but now... the cats gotta eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Pop it in the noisy neighbour's post box, 2 birds with one stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

Have you tried CPR?

If you were to bury him what would you bury him in? Flushing ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

my fish Strawberry went to the great fishbowl in the sky when i was little and I and i made my dad bury it....was extremely distraught...until he got me a new one(named Blueberry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Check it's actually dead and not overfed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

my fish Strawberry went to the great fishbowl in the sky when i was little and I and i made my dad bury it....was extremely distraught...until he got me a new one(named Blueberry!)

Berry good story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Btw have you checked the fish for a donor card?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tell her you buried it. Soak in varnish. Leave to dry. Put butter in microwave. Melt. Put varnished fish in mleted butter. Return to fridge.

Video ensuing hilarity. Post to Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Berry good story.

lol

Now leave...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Fry it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Feed the cat for a win win.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Feed to cat, but tell her it´s been buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Well to be on the safe side you should chop off its head so you dont end up with a Zombie Goldfish.

• Advertisement

Oops, i forgot about that bit, good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

WILL IT BLEND!!!!!!!!

WILL IT BLEND!!!!!!!!

Of course, puts me thinking, feed the mixture to the mother in law as a fish milk shake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Oh christ I'm drunk and thank God it wasnt the swans for once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

snyper wrote: »
    Well the fiances goldfish alfie finally kicked the can after 7 years of goldfish biss. As the trauma is naturally too great for herself :rolleyes: old snyper here is the one to decide an adequet yet quaint disposal of the remains.

Alas, i do not take these decisions lightly, i will leave it in the hands of AH.

Your options by poll..

Bury it (her choice)
    Flush it
    Bin it

I've always fired the smaller pets in the bin.. fish, hamsters, that kind of thing. But I think you need to start thinking beyond the burial / flushing etc. Get down to the pet shop in the morning a bit lively before she suggests replacing it with something.. else..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

snyper wrote: »

Your options by poll..

Bury it (her choice)
    Flush it
    Bin it
    Feeding it to the cat or flushing it are too easy snyper. Full burial ceremony for the goldfish. Pick a plot in the garden, prepare an eulogy and have a wake after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Roll it up in some carpet and push it off a bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

I wouldn't feed it to the cat in case it died of something nashty and kills the cat too.... if she's traumatised by a dead goldfish think of the drama if the cat snuffs it too :D

I buried my 7 year old goldfish under a sick looking tree in the garden in the hope it might feed the tree a bit. Couldn't flush it in this house, plumbing is so dodgy you'd be lucky if it didn't turn up in the loo again later in the day [vom]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

....we think a like

that should worry you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

It reminds me when my goldfish died. We came home from school around seven years ago to find the fish container empty. We had cleaned the tank earlier and left them in a big mixing bowl of water. Flabbergasted, I looked down to the floor where I was met by the image of my two dry goldfish, seemingly dead on the floor of the kitchen.
    Naturally, a burial at sea seemed appropriate so a few final words were said and they were flushed in the the toilet. Then it seemed that one of the fish would not flush down and when the water relaxed, it started swimming in the bowl, back from the dead.
    Still alive today.

Advertisement