Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs/Bars with proper beer gardens or terraces

Options
  • 28-08-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Talking about somewhere you can go and sit in the sun and come home looking like a drunken salmon.

Bray - Porterhouse - one of my fave spots for roasting in the summer - great beer, good scran and loads of benches to sit at. There is also Martellos next door ( I don't personally like there), and the indescribable Harbour Bar which also has great beer garden, but sadly, seems to have very little beer available these days.

Glenageary - Eagle - great roof terrace

Dun Laoghaire - Bodegas (formerly Forty Foot) - has potential to have best terrace ever but lacks chairs and tables in summer. Place gone way downhill lately imo, but worth a look if you are there.

Centre - Fitzsimons - posy but OK roof terrace
    Church - has garden but doesn't really look like it was part of the plan - badly arranged.

I am always on the lookout for a place to go and sit outside in the sun in Dublin, but seems to be a distinct lack of good ones.

Maybe not restrict thread to Dublin, so all over Ireland - anyone have any good places ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Ranelagh - Russells - Great roof terrace.Overlooks Ranelagh.It has heaters also.Pints of Fosters for 3.75 afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I like the garden on the roof of O'Neill's of Suffolk Street, and the one out back at Porterhouse North.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

BeerNut wrote: »
    I like the garden on the roof of O'Neill's of Suffolk Street, and the one out back at Porterhouse North.

Yeah out the back at PH North is a real winner

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭thegeezer

Another couple - McCormacks Dun Laoghaire - need to be lucky to avoid gettin shaded by palms.

Silver Tassie - Loughlinstown - the daddy of beer terraces - sun all day long and McArdles in bottles - doesn;t get much better. Used to have BBQ on Fridays in summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

poisonated wrote: »
    Ranelagh - Russells - Great roof terrace.Overlooks Ranelagh.It has heaters also.Pints of Fosters for 3.75 afaik.

That one would encourage you to smoke :D (I don't)

Advertisement