Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Razors in hand luggage

Options
  • 28-08-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm travelling with Aer Lingus soon and just wondering if it's ok to bring my razor in hand luggage. It's a Gillette Mach 3 can't find anything definite on it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭road_high

99% certain it ain't allowed. I never bring razors myself in hand lugguage, even though it would be handy if you could. Can't bring any sharps like nail scissors, tweezers etc iirc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Razors like this are fine.

(From Dublin Airport's website: "Razor blades (razors that have the blade set into a plastic moulding are allowed, but razors that can be opened and the razor blade removed are prohibited")

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

I saw that as well on the airport website so I think that means I can bring it onboard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

christy c wrote: »
    I saw that as well on the airport website so I think that means I can bring it onboard?
    Yes. Aer Lingus don't define the security in any airport, the airport authorities do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sharms

email them!!! i dont know where i found it but i got an email address for baggage control or somehting like that.. i had to take a bday cake in hand luggage as a surprise and didnt want them searching my bag. they gave me a phone number to ring before i went through, they were actually so nice- weird though i could have had anything in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Yes, it's fine. I've brought mine through loads of times. The chemist's on the other side of security in Dublin Airport even sells Mach 3 blades!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

went through to edinburgh with Ryanair last month - with Gillette Fusion razor (mach3 is sooo 1988 :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I think it depends on the airport. I got one taken off me in Bristol airport once.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Schrodingercat

I had the same question recently. Didn't bring it, but asked security on the way through Dublin and they said it was no problem in future to bring one in hand luggage , once it "wasn't a cut throat type razor"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

You are fine bringing on a cartridge type razor (Mach 3/Fusion type).

Straight razors (cut-throats) or safety razor blades (double edge blades)
    must be checked in and not carried in hand-luggage. You can keep
    your safety razor in your hand luggage but not with their blades.

These are the same rules in the USA as enforced by TSA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yep - you can definitely take Mach 3.
    I usually shave with a safety razor, blades for these are not allowed, so I have a M3 fallback for travel

Does anyone have any recommendations on liquid kits for handluggage?
    I've used easy4men before, but it's pretty expensive for what it is, and the packages are very very small. I would rather something that doesn't come in a daily pack format...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ok - I know it's 15 years old but I have a flight next week. Hand baggage only - am I still ok to bring on my Gillette Mach 3 razor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Christ- seems like yesterday I asked it. Yes I've brought them many times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

im at Birmingham airport now. Razor through fine in hand luggage

Advertisement