Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our vast selection of fashion vicitms...

Options
  • 28-08-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else here looking at what people consider to be fashionable and thinking are they really serious....

I find it amusing that so many women think when they put on 'boots' that do NOT go very well with their jeans, skirt or whatever, feel they are the business and being very fashionable. Even mentioning boots to friends or something about what they are wearing that night, they feel they have proven that they are going to look cool.

Or maybe the 'River Island' mentioners... Does anyone else find it quite skank looking to see a big River Island logo on the pocket of jeans, especially if these jeans lead down to white fluffy boots, tack!

Just two bits about the female society in Ireland that got my attention in recent years, also, what is it with EVERYBODY you know now, who's a woman, needing to use a hair straightener? Ok might be a slight exageration but most anyway. Where did all the other styles go?

Women feel free to add your pet hates. One of mine personally is the skank element of fellas who for some reason need everyone to see that they are wearing Calvin Klein boxers or whatever, but certainly not Penneys or St Berneard. Oh no, these boxers come up over waist level of trousers for all to see...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Those "wet look" leather leggings.

They're absolutely disgusting! They basically look as though the wearer has tightly wrapped plastic bin liners around her legs.

Vile, vile creation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Gatta hand it to ya Mr Anti-fashionista, you sure know your labels and trends ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Someone needs to get laid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fashion & Appearance thataway ---->...............not that ive ever been there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Hmm, wouldn't it be fantastic to have so little to worry about in life that your attention could turn so sharply to the topic of what other people are wearing?

Honestly, if I saw somebody wearing boots that were "tacky", or if I noticed that their jeans "didn't go" with said boots, I would celebrate the fact that I obviously had nothing else to complain about. I long for the day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Like whateva!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Nowadays, everyone looks like a twat. twattish trendy hairstyles, twattish trendy clothes, twattish attitudes. The entire populace is turning into a massive, hairy, twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Nope sorry..
    I have a penis and am not metrosexual, therefore most of what you just said was lost on me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

-skinny jeans on men
    -UGG boots on women when they are badly overworn and the heels have turned to mush
    -UGG boots on men. in any situation.
    -designer socks and wallets
    -fake tits:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

narwog81 wrote: »
    -UGG boots on men. in any situation.

I saw a man wearing ugg boots once. I laughed in his face.
    He looked like a complete muppet!

I don't like men with retarded logo t-shirts either.
    "It won't suck itself"

... Eh, it's going to have to, mate! No one else is going to do it for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Jay D wrote: »

Or maybe the 'River Island' mentioners... Does anyone else find it quite skank looking to see a big River Island logo on the pocket of jeans, especially if these jeans lead down to white fluffy boots, tack!

Wouldn't give a fukc if there was a big Guantanamo Bay logo on the back of a pair of ladies jeans as long as she has a nice bum.

Advertisement