Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a site to #1 in a search

Options
  • 28-08-2009 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

As a great believer in the K.I.S.S. principle - I'll try to keep this request simple also.

1) I buy a domain name last week (say www.dublinfood.com )

2) I design website and publish it - lets say I have Dublin food in the text as well as dublinfood in the title.

3) I type in dublin food / dublinfood / www.dublinfood.com into the search but it doesn't come up on the first page ( maybe the search reveals 9,000,000 results :eek: ).

I keep reading about all these 'Internet entrapenuers' who make a successful business so How / Why does the result not come up and how can I fix it as simply as possible. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Capri wrote: »
    As a great believer in the K.I.S.S. principle - I'll try to keep this request simple also.

1) I buy a domain name last week (say www.dublinfood.com )

2) I design website and publish it - lets say I have Dublin food in the text as well as dublinfood in the title.

3) I type in dublin food / dublinfood / www.dublinfood.com into the search but it doesn't come up on the first page ( maybe the search reveals 9,000,000 results :eek: ).

I keep reading about all these 'Internet entrapenuers' who make a successful business so How / Why does the result not come up and how can I fix it as simply as possible. Thanks
    Does it come up in the search at all? It takes time for Google to index your domain, you need to be linked from site to site and publish it as a business to Google Maps. You should start by posting the link on Bebo, Facebook or Twitter or creating a profile for it and telling people.

Also, you can add them to certain search engines. It takes time to get it to the top, especially with "Dublin" and "Food" and your search reference, think of how many other sites that hits - it's endless! The trick is to have a greatly detailed metatag at the start of your website. See this link for a more in depth explaination - http://searchenginewatch.com/2167931

https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

http://www.google.com/addurl/

http://www.bing.com/docs/submit.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

cpu-dude wrote: »
    The trick is to have a greatly detailed metatag at the start of your website.

Completely wrong. OP's it's a long hard process, and an industry in itself. There's no quick tips. Read up on SEO, and best coding practices.

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    Completely wrong. OP's it's a long hard process, and an industry in itself. There's no quick tips. Read up on SEO, and best coding practices.
    It is a tip and an important one, I never said it was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

It's not, meta tags are barely used nowadays. You seemed to imply that it was the main factor.

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    It's not, meta tags are barely used nowadays. You seemed to imply that it was the main factor.
    I did not, my second sentence implies it takes time to get index and that your tags help.

OP, submitting your site to those links should get things up and running but popularity with the domain needs to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I wouldn't offer any advice to what the OP is trying to do anyway - rank highly with spam link content, go away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Jeez, thanks zAbbo. I was wondering if I was seeing a different page to the rest.

All I see is circular linking, duplicate pages, affiliate link stuffing and a load of other 'practices' which violate Google Webmaster Guidelines. When they figure out what's going on your site will likely be dropped from the index entirely.

You've bought a domain with 2 good keywords and put up a page with those keywords in the title, meta tag and once or twice on the page. Apart from this you have absolutely no other relevant content at all except some low value affiliate links which have poor, if any, SEO value and you have that buy this domain stuff. Also the Related Search links, link back to identical pages. You have zero backlinks. Why would anybody want to link to it anyway? Apart from the two keywords your site has zero relevence and Google hates that. If Google are smart enough to cop onto this domain selling exercise (they are), they'll most likely remove you from their index and quite right too.

Entrepreneurs take an idea, invest and develop it into a business, sell it or take profit. I can't see where there's more than an hour or two of 'business development'. This is not being an entrepreneur, it's being a chancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mcdermott1

The reason it wont rank is because it is a parking page!!!!

Parking pages get fully bummed by Google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 RedMaxP

tricky D wrote: »
    Jeez, thanks zAbbo. I was wondering if I was seeing a different page to the rest.

All I see is circular linking, duplicate pages, affiliate link stuffing and a load of other 'practices' which violate Google Webmaster Guidelines. When they figure out what's going on your site will likely be dropped from the index entirely.

You've bought a domain with 2 good keywords and put up a page with those keywords in the title, meta tag and once or twice on the page. Apart from this you have absolutely no other relevant content at all except some low value affiliate links which have poor, if any, SEO value and you have that buy this domain stuff. Also the Related Search links, link back to identical pages. You have zero backlinks. Why would anybody want to link to it anyway? Apart from the two keywords your site has zero relevence and Google hates that. If Google are smart enough to cop onto this domain selling exercise (they are), they'll most likely remove you from their index and quite right too.

Entrepreneurs take an idea, invest and develop it into a business, sell it or take profit. I can't see where there's more than an hour or two of 'business development'. This is not being an entrepreneur, it's being a chancer.

Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Sorry, ir's getting a bit too 'Tech' for me now - what some of you seem to be saying is that 1) I just bought a domain to sell it on?
    All I see is circular linking, duplicate pages, affiliate link stuffing and a load of other 'practices' which violate Google Webmaster Guidelines. When they figure out what's going on your site will likely be dropped from the index entirely

What I have built is a site with pictures (taken by me ), text ( written by me ), links ( to my email and phone number) . I was thinking of putting links to other 'complementry' businesses ( if it was Dublin food, then maybe shops that supply food related products ?). Where does this 'When they figure out what's going on' come from, I'm only trying to get a site up and running, not disrupt Google's or Yahoo's global operation !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

What I have built is a site with pictures (taken by me ), text ( written by me ), links ( to my email and phone number) . I was thinking of putting links to other 'complementry' businesses ( if it was Dublin food, then maybe shops that supply food related products ?). Where does this 'When they figure out what's going on' come from, I'm only trying to get a site up and running, not disrupt Google's or Yahoo's global operation !

What pictures, where's your phone number?

You have a parking page, and it even says "this domain is for sale" on it. You're wasting people's time asking for advice and all you're really doing is posting your URL here in the hope that Google will index this page and see inbound links.

Setting up a spam directory is not being an internet entrepreneur.

How exactly is your site adding value to the internet or consumers in any way ? As an aspiring entrepreneur myself, launching soon enough, if I'm not adding value or giving the consumer something worthwhile, I'll put my hands up, admit it's not for me on this occassion, that I got it wrong and move on.

Launching an internet business is not the easy way out and you need to work your bol*ix off to make it happen. I wouldn't even call this an internet business. It's just crap.

I came on here thinking I could get some advice - I picked a name off the top of my head (dublin food ) as a random example. Now, after some comments here I looked up dublin food and see what some of you are talking about ( http://whois.domaintools.com/dublinfood.com ) as regards thinking I'm playing silly buggers here.

I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE INTERNET KNOWLEDGE TO PLAY AROUND !

I already run a business that I wanted to promote on the internet, running a business is hard enough without having every fecker make problems along the line.
    You have a parking page, and it even says "this domain is for sale" on it. You're wasting people's time asking for advice and all you're really doing is posting your URL here in the hope that Google will index this page and see inbound links.
    all you're really doing is posting your URL here in the hope that Google will index this page and see inbound links
    As I said at the beginning - I was looking for SIMPLE solutions, even saying this'URL' thing is WAAY over my head - better I pay someone to do it than ask on this site !

To those that gave CONSTRUCTIVE advice - Thanks
    To the rest - I'm outa here for good !

How do you know what a whois tool is about without knowing what a URL is ???

Doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

...as regards thinking I'm playing silly buggers here.

I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE INTERNET KNOWLEDGE TO PLAY AROUND !

I already run a business that I wanted to promote on the internet, running a business is hard enough without having every fecker make problems along the line.

all you're really doing is posting your URL here in the hope that Google will index this page and see inbound links
    As I said at the beginning - I was looking for SIMPLE solutions, even saying this'URL' thing is WAAY over my head - better I pay someone to do it than ask on this site
    !

To those that gave CONSTRUCTIVE advice - Thanks
    To the rest - I'm outa here for good !

If you're actually trying to develop and improve your website, you'll get good advice here.

If you want it done fast and well, then yes you'd be better off paying someone.

If you don't have time to play around with this internet thing, then don't bother. It's worse to do it badly than to not do it at all - consider a website to be as important and as visible as an ad on the side of a bus or on TV - you wouldn't try to throw together a TV ad over the course of a weekend in your back garden, would you?

As for not knowing what a URL is - if you're not willing to put in the time to Google something you don't know and do 2 minutes of reading on it, then I don't know how you expect to be able to build something to a level that you can sell it for a profit.

If building a website, getting it to number 1, and then selling it was as easy as you seem to think it is, why do you think everyone hasn't done it already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mcdermott1

Quick tip.

One of the worst things about the internet (and forums) is that it is full of critical / negative people.

One of the best things about the internet (and forums) is that it is full of critical / negative people.

These people can anonymously give you the advice and criticism (just as important) you need to help you improve grow.

Sometimes it can piss you off. Other times you will gain absolutely priceless advice/criticism - for free. If you added up the time and knowledge you have been given for free in this thread - it would probably come to over 500 Euros...

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth, and dont get sad because things seem overly critical. Dont take it personly, learn from what you can, including criticism.

The fact is that that page is parking page right now - parking pages will not get indexed in Google. If you make a real website it will. Dont argue or get upset - that is the advice - and it is 100% true.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Without even looking at the site it's going to take (a) time and (b) patience to get to no.1 for any term.

If you're confident you have a superior site and content to competitors and you have a keyword domain like 'dublinfood.com' and you want to rank no.1 for 'dublin food' then it should be child's play for any decent SEO professional (given time). Having said that, any honest SEO professional will not guarantee you no.1 for anything...

Winging it without massive SEO knowledge might work... it all depends on the competition.

You don't have to be an expert SEO to rank a site no.1 for something, you just have to be a better SEO than your nearest competitor ;-)

It really is all about the competition - look at their site, look at their url structure, look at their links, pagerank, content, keywords, meta tags, sitemaps, headers, keyword density, cms & applications / plugins used on their site etc...

Study the current no.1 link and ask yourself why it's no.1...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Read again, dublinfood.c0m probably isn't his domain, it was just a bad example to give.

If you are only concerned with SERP ranking;
    One thing you need is high quality backlinks from high PR sites. A backlink for example from boards.ie is usually ok, a backlink from nasa.gov frontpage would be great.
    One big thing you would need is a number of great backlinks.
    Backlinking is a huge business in itself.
    I employ one consultant basically fulltime who works exclusively with backlinks.
    I'm not suggesting that you link spam, ******, linkwheels, landing pages or whatever. Without an in-depth knowledge of SEO, things like this will harm your site in the long run more than promote it.
    You can probably organise some links, by asking your friends with relevant blogs/etc to blog about you, with links. Perhaps organise a link-exchange with relevant similar or complimentary sites, etc.

I've had a bunch of sites hit top slots on Google for many common two-word combos. But rarely will they actually last there for a long while. To get this, you need real people to really be interested in your site, and to have them talk about it naturally, blog it, tweet it, when your site legitimately starts appearing all over googles radar, they will sit up, take notice and you will be bumped up.
    Cheating can work, but rarely will it work for long. Best advice is just to fill your site with high quality, dynamic, useful content, and let it grow organically.
    (with a little help from SEO-optimising your code, etc)
    If your site deserves to be ranked high, based on its content, you should have no problems getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    Read again, dublinfood.c0m probably isn't his domain, it was just a bad example to give.
    Noticed that meself. He even says its only an example. Poor chap getting killed for asking a question.

Give the OP a chance lads. If ya read his question properly, ye could understand why he is annoyed by some of the responses.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic

Noticed that meself. He even says its only an example. Poor chap getting killed for asking a question.

Give the OP a chance lads. If ya read his question properly, ye could understand why he is annoyed by some of the responses.
    KORRECT !!:cool:

Right, I've cooled down and I'm back - as I said, I'm defo not a whiz at computers. In my current line of business, I'm like a star footballer, I like getting that goal and I'm focused on getting the ball and scoring as much as possible for the full game.If I 'score' 10 goals, I'm happy, if I get 1 goal, I'm 'disappointed' ! :confused:
    I come up with many ideas 'to make my first million' every week and try to start the ball rolling on these projects while juggling family and business life also.
    Sometimes it can piss you off. Other times you will gain absolutely priceless advice/criticism - for free. If you added up the time and knowledge you have been given for free in this thread - it would probably come to over 500 Euros...

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth, and dont get sad because things seem overly critical. Dont take it personly, learn from what you can, including criticism.

And I thank all those who've helped here.
    I put in 1-4 hrs / day on the PC, 4hrs 'domestic', 9 hrs work, and 7hrs 'shutdown':P so I'm still trying to 'make it' while doing everything else to get me by.
    Even at the mo I'm seriously pis*ed by not being able to get Yahoo Messenger webcam up so I can video talk to my Aussie relatives. I'm going to Y Messenger but can't find the way to make the webcam work on my Netbook - see what I mean by computer illiterate :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

Getting a site to #1 in Google

Getting first page rankings is not difficult and you do not need to be a full on SEO expert. I am an SEO consultant so I know fully what works and what does not. I have worked in the most competitive niches and have got companies to the 1st page of google, many within two weeks .

On page optimisation is important but off page is much more important. Meta tags don't get taken into consideration by google anymore.
    Content is very important. It must be unique and keyword optimised. Dont just focus on one keyword.

Having your keyword in your domain certainly helps your rankings. I have many sites that are ranking top 3 in google with just a 3 letter keyword in the domain.

The most important aspect of ranking on page 1 is backlinks but by this I dont mean your average blog I am talking about high PR sites. Also high PR forums as these get crawled by the SE very regularly.

Google places a website according to how important it cosiders it. By having many high PR backlinks into your site, google considers your site important. Google loves wordpress sites and these will get ranked really high depending on how you optimise it.

The biggest mistake many people make is that they try to optimise for keywords that are so competitive that it could take a few months of getting top rankings.

Nearly any keyword can receive page 1 rankings providing it is optimised both on and off page.

The key to getting ranked very quickly is through long term keywords, there less competitive.

The best method I use to get quick traffic before I get my site to the first page of google is to write an article in ezinearticles and throw about 200-300 backlinks at it. Usually you might only need 50 to get the top spot. All depends on the niche

Ezinearticles is an article directory that you can submit your keyword optimised articles to. They get ranked very easily. However, you can't simply write an article and expect it to get to the first page of google. You need to back it up with backlinks.

Social bookmarking is a great way to get traffic quickly.

Its just been able to find all these high PR sites that help rank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RedCardinal

The biggest mistake people make is believing some of the brush-stroke rubbish posted to fora...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 turrant

I have a site which is around 5-6 months old. Lately i have been getting sixth/tenth position for a very competitive keyword. Now i only did a small bit of promoting through 1 way inbound links back then (5-6 months ago).

I was sixth/tenth in google about 1 week ago, now my site ranks 80th on the keyword. I dunno why my site ranked so high in the first place. The term "google honeymoon" has been said in some other forums. :)

Hi turrant,

Send me the website you are trying to rank for and I will give you some advice. If google honeymoon is your keyword, its not difficult to rank for at all. Make sure your site desc contains your keywords and you have the keyword within your website. I'll give it a push up the rankings for you and you should start to see it on the first page in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Shaneod21 wrote: »
    Getting a site to #1 in Google

Getting first page rankings is not difficult and you do not need to be a full on SEO expert. I am an SEO consultant so I know fully what works and what does not. I have worked in the most competitive niches and have got companies to the 1st page of google, many within two weeks .

On page optimisation is important but off page is much more important. Meta tags don't get taken into consideration by google anymore.
    Content is very important. It must be unique and keyword optimised. Dont just focus on one keyword.

Having your keyword in your domain certainly helps your rankings. I have many sites that are ranking top 3 in google with just a 3 letter keyword in the domain.

The most important aspect of ranking on page 1 is backlinks but by this I dont mean your average blog I am talking about high PR sites. Also high PR forums as these get crawled by the SE very regularly.

Google places a website according to how important it cosiders it. By having many high PR backlinks into your site, google considers your site important. Google loves wordpress sites and these will get ranked really high depending on how you optimise it.

The biggest mistake many people make is that they try to optimise for keywords that are so competitive that it could take a few months of getting top rankings.

Nearly any keyword can receive page 1 rankings providing it is optimised both on and off page.

The key to getting ranked very quickly is through long term keywords, there less competitive.

The best method I use to get quick traffic before I get my site to the first page of google is to write an article in ezinearticles and throw about 200-300 backlinks at it. Usually you might only need 50 to get the top spot. All depends on the niche

Ezinearticles is an article directory that you can submit your keyword optimised articles to. They get ranked very easily. However, you can't simply write an article and expect it to get to the first page of google. You need to back it up with backlinks.

Social bookmarking is a great way to get traffic quickly.

Its just been able to find all these high PR sites that help rank you.

Great post!
    By high PR sites you mean? Example?
    Also you mention "backlinks" are they links from another site to yours?

Does this mean that the article will get to the top of google or the site?

Thanks
    Padraig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 turrant

Hi turrant,

Send me the website you are trying to rank for and I will give you some advice. If google honeymoon is your keyword, its not difficult to rank for at all. Make sure your site desc contains your keywords and you have the keyword within your website. I'll give it a push up the rankings for you and you should start to see it on the first page in no time.

Cool, i pm you :), its a tough market :D

turrant wrote: »
    Cool, i pm you :), its a tough market :D

Just replied to your PM

padocon wrote: »
    Great post!
    By high PR sites you mean? Example?
    Also you mention "backlinks" are they links from another site to yours?

Does this mean that the article will get to the top of google or the site?

Thanks
    Padraig

Hi Padraig

By high PR sites I am referring to websites with a large number of incoming links that hold a lot of authority in google. Having incoming links from high PR sites, makes google believe that your site is important and will gve you a boost in the search engines. These are authority sites with a PR 6-9. Most people pay for these links and can cost you a fair amount. However you can easily get these for free.

Backlinks are the links that point back to your website. These can come in many forms. directories, articles, press releases, forums, blogs, social bookmarking. list goes on...
    When you leave a backlink you need to do so in the following format:

<a href="http:www.yoursite.com">Your Keyword</a>

This will give you the best results when targeting a particular keyword.

You just need to make sure you vary your link building strategies. Like you do not want to just have blog comments. You need to mix it up. Like web 2.0 etc.

Also high PR sites come in the form of .edu and .gov. Google places emphasis on links coming back to you site from these. However, not so much as they used to.

In terms of the question regarding the article, I was saying that the article will reach the first page in google. This is to start getting traffic before your site hits. I would only do this in a very competitive niche. Ezine articles is an example of a high PR website with a PR 6. With a few backlinks you can easily rank high in google. You just need to know how to write a good captivating and content driven article, obviously keyword orientated also. With the weight its PR holds, rocketing to the top of google is not a challenge. I have articles in the top of google with any where from 15-85 million competing websites. The traffic that these drive to your website is incredible. They are an excellent way of pre selling.

No one can ever guarantee you first page rankings but with ezine articles 9/10 you will top google when you start backlinking. Its difficult to pass wikipaedia though.

The same concept works for wordpress sites I have found. Google loves wordpress. By placing your keyword into the domain and having good keyword rich content you will rank quickly. Some sites within 24hours.
    A good example of this type of site is when you type: groom wedding speech into google.com take a look at the first website. This site is not only getting traffic from that keyword but many others. This site topped google in 24hours and also gets over 3k searches a month.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Hi Padraig

By high PR sites I am referring to websites with a large number of incoming links that hold a lot of authority in google. Having incoming links from high PR sites, makes google believe that your site is important and will gve you a boost in the search engines. These are authority sites with a PR 6-9. Most people pay for these links and can cost you a fair amount. However you can easily get these for free.

Backlinks are the links that point back to your website. These can come in many forms. directories, articles, press releases, forums, blogs, social bookmarking. list goes on...
    When you leave a backlink you need to do so in the following format:

This will give you the best results when targeting a particular keyword.

You just need to make sure you vary your link building strategies. Like you do not want to just have blog comments. You need to mix it up. Like web 2.0 etc.

Also high PR sites come in the form of .edu and .gov. Google places emphasis on links coming back to you site from these. However, not so much as they used to.

In terms of the question regarding the article, I was saying that the article will reach the first page in google. This is to start getting traffic before your site hits. I would only do this in a very competitive niche. Ezine articles is an example of a high PR website with a PR 6. With a few backlinks you can easily rank high in google. You just need to know how to write a good captivating and content driven article, obviously keyword orientated also. With the weight its PR holds, rocketing to the top of google is not a challenge. I have articles in the top of google with any where from 15-85 million competing websites. The traffic that these drive to your website is incredible. They are an excellent way of pre selling.

No one can ever guarantee you first page rankings but with ezine articles 9/10 you will top google when you start backlinking. Its difficult to pass wikipaedia though.

The same concept works for wordpress sites I have found. Google loves wordpress. By placing your keyword into the domain and having good keyword rich content you will rank quickly. Some sites within 24hours.
    A good example of this type of site is when you type: groom wedding speech into google.com take a look at the first website. This site is not only getting traffic from that keyword but many others. This site topped google in 24hours and also gets over 3k searches a month.

Hope this helps!

So placing this in articles helps to improve the sites ranking. But what would I put in keyword? And how come the script won't work on boards? Is it possible that by writing an article about your site that that article could get placed above my site in google?

Thanks

• Advertisement

padocon wrote: »
    So placing this in articles helps to improve the sites ranking. But what would I put in keyword? And how come the script won't work on boards? Is it possible that by writing an article about your site that that article could get placed above my site in google?

Thanks

Yes placing anchor text into the resource box of your articles will help your rankings in someway but that is not the entire reason for article marketing. Its to get people to click onto your link and go to your website.

Using Article marketing you need to optimise your article for the keyword you are tageting, however you shouldn't over do it! You also can not place your link within the text. Theres a resource box at the end of the article which allows you to advertise your website.

Article marketing alone will not give you high rankings but it certainly helps. You need to vary your link building strategy. Your strategy also needs to be consistent if you wish to rank high and remain high in the SERPS for competitive keywords.

Keywords are paramount to ranking. You need to research the keywords you wish to target. The keywords you choose are what people type into the search engine which brings your website up on the first page of google. Having your keywords in your anchor text tells google that this is what the website is related to and the more google sees this around the web the higher you will rank. Obviously your keywords have to be in your website content and desc.

Tell me what your site is and I will give you a list of keywords to target.

Also you wouldn't write an article around your website. You don't advertise your website, you need to give quality content to captivate the reader and then entice them to click on your link. Press releases are more based around advertising your site or a service you offer. Yes it is possible that an article could outrank your site. I have most of my articles number 1 in google and there for highly competitive keywords so yes they do outrank your site. You also need to take into account that your articles are used to rank you for keywords that your website may not be ranking for.

Remember writing an article about your site would be only picked up by people typing in your website name. You would need to do good keyword research in order to rank your article or press release. Also the majority of the time you would need to backlink your articles to get top rankings. However you may only need a few links.

Do not get caught up on just article marketing there are many other ways you can create links, article marketing is however good at directing targeted traffic. Someone on here contacted me to rank their website for them last week, started my campaign last week, there now number 3 for a competitive keyword.

The methods I used were video marketing, article marketing, social bookmarking, backlinks and another secret method that really gives a boost in the SERPS. By next week I should have the site number 1. Its all about taking action and being consistent with that action. The site I was dealing with was on page 7 for their keyword originally so it wasn't such a difficult task as they hsd at least been target the right keyword. The video and the website are now on the 1st page of google, the article is on page 2. Once you get the keywords for your website optimised and highly ranking, you need to start targeting other keywords. You can do this by using articles or more pages on your website.

There are many ways to promote your business, you just need to know the most profitable way to promote yours. Obviously video marketing is not for everyone but it is an excellent way to get good links back to your site. Also having videos on your website are excellent for keeping your bounce rate low. The first thing you need to do is go to google keyword tool, select exact and start figuring out which keywords you want to target

From the pms I have received I, the next niche I start I might just detail on this forum the exact details of how to get from researching a niche and keywords, creating an easy to set up website, the keywords I choose, then exactly how I rank the website in the google and get a first page ranking.

Let me know if you need any more help!

Advertisement