Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alarm goes off everytime I unlock car

Options
  • 28-08-2009 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

I got an 06 avensis from a dealer last week. Everytime I unlock it (using the key itself or the remote control button on the key) the damn alarm goes off. When I press the unlock button a second time on the it turns off.

I've read the manual and, as I expected, it says to press the unlock button on fob ... lights blink on, doors unlock etc.

Before I ring the dealership and make a fool of myself can someone advise me if I'm doing something wrong?

BTW, this is my second car, my last one was a banger with no alarm so this is a bit new to me.

Also, about 20 seconds after I start the car up it makes a loud beep. No idea wtf that's about - no warning light or anything comes up and I've nothing on any of the seats to give it any excuse to whinge about seatbelts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Incase this helps anyone else... The alarm needed to be reconfigured (dealer is doing it).

The loud beep was a built-in nokia hands-free yoke.

Advertisement