Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money for construction project!!!

Options
  • 28-08-2009 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how much money people spend on wood/materials for their projects!!?

Also next year thinking of making an average sized coffee table, I think il use mainly oak......mabe some glass!!:rolleyes:....any ideas of cost????:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Damien671

I spent about 200 e on my desk but it was a mahoooosive writing desk to fill a room , six feet long and three feet wide
    Oak is very expensive, but a small table made perfectly is as good as a big one, try and add some detail to enhance it a drawer with really hard joints such as hidden dovetail
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

For my construction project I made a tv unit out of solid maple, and frosted glass. Cost me well over €500.

At the same time, there were lads in my class who only spent a hundred! If money is tight, think of using veneers - same effect at a fraction of the price!

Best of luck.

Advertisement