Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola XTR 446 trouble

Options
  • 28-08-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Had no idea where on boards would be best to post this question, but I think a fair few airsofters have these radios so hopefully someone can help me out?...

basically the problem is that while I can transmit messages from my radio to another team mates radio, I am completely unable to receive any incoming messages what so ever. not even a blip?

the radio hasn't seen heavy use, was working one week and then the next when I went to use it, it just decided to stop?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

I know this will sound daft but is the volume on your set down too low? You said there was no blip coming from it at switch ON.

Is there a squelch function? This may have to be re-adjusted.

Do you have a headset attached? If so, one of the pins may not be making proper contact in the socket or your own speaker may not be working. Try it without the attachement.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Do they have Binatone(that right?) radios?

If so, you can't receive them, but only transmit to them, cause they're Sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Volume all the way up, no white noise even, also normally an image would show on the radio to show a transmission is incoming/outgoing, but only shows for outgoing

also this was tested with another good quality motorola...

I guess its just bad luck? dont even think I have the warranty sheet :mad: typical, the one time I need it before it runs out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Interesting - no radio image shown during reception.

Try this - Press the MON button for a couple of seconds. You should get the radio image shown on screen and there should be static or white noise. If you can get this then your receiver side is ok and it is capable of reception.

If that works check that both radio's you're using are on the same channel AND Interference Eliminator code. If in doubt leave the Elimiator code to 00 ie. no code. You should then be recieveing 5x5...........

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shopper2011

I have a pair of motorola xtr446 radios and exact same problem. One radio is o.k. the other seems to be locked in transmit only mode and will not receive anything. Its driving me mad as I brought them back to the shop, they forwarded them to motorola under warranty. But motorola sent them back saying not their fault and I should be buy a new set from them.
    Its not a good walkie talkie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement