Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Dialler for house alarm

Options
  • 27-08-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm after installing a standard HKC alarm into my house and I'm looking for a GSM dialler that will hook up to it handy enough, I'm not prepared to pay the 400 odd euro I'm being quoted for the HKC one and theres no doubt there are others on the market for under half that, an example is this one:
    http://www.medpage-ltd.com/page43.html

There are others but I'm just using this one as an example of what I'm after, I made a few calls to different suppliers and wholesalers today and quite a few of them knew very little about them. I just want one that will ring me when the alarm goes off, simple really!!

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most stanalone device are unreliable & very finniky.
    Fot HKC I'd recommend use their unit.
    The same with Europlex SigNet where you have the ability to programme via your PC.
    At the end on the day you get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mbsnailmail

koolkid wrote: »
    Most stanalone device are unreliable & very finniky.
    Fot HKC I'd recommend use their unit.
    The same with Europlex SigNet where you have the ability to programme via your PC.
    At the end on the day you get what you pay for.
    HI KOOLKID ,DONE ALARMS YEARS AGO ,NOT UP TO SPEC MODREN ON RESIESTOR WIRING THOUGH, HAVE SIGNET 220 IP ,HOUSE HARD WIRED ,AND NEED WIRING SORTED,WOULD APPRICATE AN ESTAMET,MICK,LUCAN,PS SORRY FOR HOGGING AN OLD THREAD,PPS,PH 0862887279

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Would need a bit more information mick. What problems are you having with the wiring?
    Is the SigNet installed?

Advertisement