Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any gaming conventions or gaming community in dublin city?

Options
  • 27-08-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm a nerd who's about to move to Dublin. I see there's some anime conventions in Dublin, but any Gaming ones? Any gaming community, competitions etc?

Fanks! : D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is an xbox gaming centre on liffey street. (if you cross the hapenney bridge from the southside to the northside its just down a bit on the left)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Have a look through some of the forums there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Most of the universities run annual cons.UCD runs Vaticon in March and I know that Gaelcon is on in October or November.Google it!

Also,try Cassidy's on D'Olier Street,they run gaming nights every Thursday.:)

Um,just to clarify,what genre of gaming do you mean?As in video games,or RPGs etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Most of the universities run annual cons.UCD runs Vaticon in March and I know that Gaelcon is on in October or November.Google it!

Um,just to clarify,what genre of gaming do you mean?As in video games,or RPGs etc.

Gaelcon is last weekend in October every year.

http://www.gaelcon.com/gaelcon/

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Yunalesca

there is an xbox gaming centre on liffey street. (if you cross the hapenney bridge from the southside to the northside its just down a bit on the left)

Oh I think I know the place you're talking about, think I saw it last week when I was shopping. If you keep walking you get near jervis centre. Wow, that street is called liffey street?? Learn something new every day :B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Yunalesca wrote: »
    Oh I think I know the place you're talking about, think I saw it last week when I was shopping. If you keep walking you get near jervis centre. Wow, that street is called liffey street?? Learn something new every day :B

thats the street:)

ahah I mean Video games. My d&d days were over when I rolled one too many fumbles :B

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yunalesca wrote: »
    I'm a nerd who's about to move to Dublin. I see there's some anime conventions in Dublin, but any Gaming ones? Any gaming community, competitions etc?

Fanks! : D

Lots.

Weekly streetfighter IV meets on Saturdays - details here

and Lanparty.ie 2 - details here

Keep an eye on the Fighting games forum and the lan party forums for other meets and lans and whatnot.

Silverfish wrote: »
    Lots.

Weekly streetfighter IV meets on Saturdays

Streetfighter meets? D: I'm there already XD Thanks!! ^__^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

There's a pub/hotel bar on Fishambles St (beside ChristChurch ) called "Karma" that a while ago had some kind of lan party or gaming party or something so yeah, seems like there's a "scene" alright :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement