Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Radiators..

Options
  • 27-08-2009 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Has anyone got any experience of these type of radiators www.rvr.ie/Product_Groups/0_46_195/ for home use? Would be interested in hearing any opinions re their running costs too. I am looking at getting 3 or 4 of them for downstairs as my UFH is permenantly dead.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Electrical heating would never be a first choice. Unless im missing something, the site doesn't give any specs on them apart from sizes.

Why is the ufh gone? Have you looked into fixing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

they're more expensive than standard oil filled rads but are more attractive.heat output will be poor for the smaller models anyhow.what's up with the ufh anyway?did you have the prob with outdoor boiler and loops if i remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Couple of probs with UFH - biggest prob is that there are only two manifolds for the entire goundfloor (approx 1200 sq feet). I have had someone in who has said that there is no way that this can heat the house unless on 24/7 which might explain why the previous occupants had heating bills of €900 per month. Second problem is that pipework between garage (where boiler is) and house is completly uninsulated.There is about 50ft of such pipework. UFH was put in by a very dodgy plumber.

I am now looking at swithing off the UFH downstairs and only using the boiler for upstairs heat and hot water. Two or three rooms downstairs will need some alternative source of heat and thats why I'm looking at electrical radiators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

did you get a 2nd opinion on your heating system after that.you'll still have the heat loss outside even with the addition of these expensive electric heaters downstairs

Advertisement