Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Proof we're being had !!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

So 13 grand for an i30, which according to hyundai.ie, is at least 18 grand. Now I'm not sure of what the VRT rates are like in comparison to Ireland, but 5 grand?! Thats taking the piss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

This is very odd altogether. Normally Austria is dearer (slightly) than Germany for bikes and cars. The i10 starts off at €9999.00 here !! :confused:

There must be something a miss with that price or its being subsidised by someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

So 13 grand for an i30, which according to hyundai.ie, is at least 18 grand. Now I'm not sure of what the VRT rates are like in comparison to Ireland, but 5 grand?! Thats taking the piss!

13,990 is not 13k, it's 14k...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jonjo81

A large part of the differnece is VRT but not all so, yes I agree we're being ridden.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

testicle wrote: »

you're leaving out the Hyundai Umweltpramie of minus a grand.

So if VRT is 14% of the main stealer price, 20,100 is 2,814.

So buying in Austria less their 20% VAT gives you 10,825
    plus the vrt here brings it to 13,639, plus vat here @21.5%
    gives a price of 16,571

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

testicle wrote: »

They give you 1000 for any car registered before 31/12/03, so it's 13k if you fit that. Sort of a scrappage thing. That is the Umweltpramie

Advertisement