Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clubs/societies in Limerick

Options
  • 27-08-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been living in Limerick a little while and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice/recommendations.
    I'd love to meet more people and reckon that joining clubs or groups is probably the best way to go about it.Can anyone recommend any clubs?I'm not really into sports so I guess that excludes a lot, but I wouldn't mind trying something new.
    I would really appreciate any advice.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes a Boards meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Littlemissteach...good thread. I'm in the same position and would love to join something:)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

YFlyer wrote: »
    Yes a Boards meet up.

Apart from the boards meet up, can anyone recommend any clubs?or even any charities to join?I would be interested in Limerick Animal Welfare, but it just seems that Kilmallock is a bit of a distance?
    Does anyone know of any walking clubs, drama societies, photography clubs?I'd try anything really!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hi,
    I've been living in Limerick a little while and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice/recommendations.
    I'd love to meet more people and reckon that joining clubs or groups is probably the best way to go about it.Can anyone recommend any clubs?I'm not really into sports so I guess that excludes a lot, but I wouldn't mind trying something new.
    I would really appreciate any advice.
    Thanks!
    Littlemissteach...good thread. I'm in the same position and would love to join something:)

Ok - ye two meet up on the condition that hatetherain doesn't mention sporting events of any nature.

"NEXT!"

Only joking, good idea and probably will get stickied.

- You've given feck all specifics but check out Limerick Cecilians Amateur drama Society......

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=7770613124

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ninety6days

some friends of mine started an ultimate frisbee team...

• Advertisement

Do you have any contact details for this??It sounds like fun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There are definitely a few drama societies you could join up with!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Try these guys for hill-walking.....

http://www.limerickclimbingclub.ie/

And these for photography....

http://www.ladps.ie/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Are you affiliated with a college or something, I play ultimate with DCU but i would love to get a few games going in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice idea, littlemissteach.... I won't sticky it yet until more has been added to it (people ignore stickys - the "Good restaurants" thread proves that) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ninety6days

Are you affiliated with a college or something, I play ultimate with DCU but i would love to get a few games going in Limerick.

not me mate. but no , they're nothing to do with any college.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Limerick Musical Society is a good one to join. They will be restarting after the Summer next week and will be getting ready for a production in October/November.
    They need more guys especially! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Limerick Camera Club www.limerickcameraclub.ie

The camera club meets at Mary I college every Wednesday evening at 8 pm in Room 206 (second floor) Check the website for details on the program and membership fees. The camera club starts on Wednesday 16th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Is there any golfing societies that accept new members, even young members, i'd like to get out playing in different courses every week besides rathbane and charleville. I'm young so maybe the could go against me i dont know, I'll be 17 on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

If you're interested in art, there's The Limerick Art Society. They meet up at occasional demo evenings and hold a couple of exhibitions a year. Can't remember the web page offhand, but you can always 'Google' them.

You could also call into Gallery 75 on O'Connell St, or the Blueberry Gallery in Patrickswell - I'm sure both could give you some contacts. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

boarddotie wrote: »
    Limerick Musical Society is a good one to join. They will be restarting after the Summer next week and will be getting ready for a production in October/November.
    They need more guys especially! :cool:

Any guys interested should definitely join up!!!!

Does anyone know of any other groups/societies in Limerick City that they would recommend?Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know of any other groups/societies in Limerick City that they would recommend?Thanks in advance!

From this thread post no. 5 is below:
    Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I think if you google "dogging+Limerick" you should get a few suitable locations.

I have heard Curraghchase is quiet popular :D

Well - I hope that Itsdacraic gets a well deserved ban for this one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TimeonmyHands

Ahh, you have to admit it was funny...I got a great laugh when I realised what I had googled. He doesn't deserve to be banned:cool:

Ahh, you have to admit it was funny...I got a great laugh when I realised what I had googled. He doesn't deserve to be banned:cool:

Oh God Littlemissteach and TimeonmyHands are lost to depravity :(

- Totally unrelated, when is the next Limerick Beers?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know anything or have any contact details for the LWA (Limerick Walkers Asssociation, i think)
    I see lots of their walks advertised in the Limerick Post but there are never any contact details.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

not me mate. but no , they're nothing to do with any college.

cool so where do you guys play and how often ?

I'm guessing that a lot of clubs and societies are starting back around now?Can anyone recommend any groups/clubs/activites in Limerick City area to join?I'm looking for something that's a bit of fun -nothing too serious!
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Does anyone know anything or have any contact details for the LWA (Limerick Walkers Asssociation, i think)
    I see lots of their walks advertised in the Limerick Post but there are never any contact details.Thanks.

Hi,

Afaik, for the LWA you can just turn up at N Piarsaigh GAA club (off the Ennis Road) on saturday mornings between 11-12 (i think).
    There will be a crowd gathered there & just ask.

Advertisement