Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I too late for applying for Med in the UK 2010?

Options
  • 27-08-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi guys...
    I only recently decided I'd like to apply to the UK to study medicine in 2010... Am I too late?

My school doesn't return till the 16th September, so Im pretty sure Im too late to apply for and sit UKCAT to get into UK colleges, but Im just wondering if anyone knows if any uni's take in late applicants etc?

I know its a long shot, and I understand it was my fault for not making a decision earlier, but Im still chancing it to see if there is any chance for me to apply to uni in the UK :o

Any advice would be great..
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

If u mean starting Med. in the UK in September 2010, ur not too late ... You apply to UCAS before Christmas afaik... Ask ur guidance counsellor when u go back to school

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    If u mean starting Med. in the UK in September 2010, ur not too late ... You apply to UCAS before Christmas afaik... Ask ur guidance counsellor when u go back to school

Nah it's a good bit earlier than that, if you want to apply for Oxford, Cambridge, Medicine, Dentistry or I think Vet Medicine, you have to apply in early October (It was a week after the Higher Options conference for last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

You will be fine until you go back to school anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Eternaldream

Thanks guys! I thought I was too late, but seems Im ok then!

Thanks for getting back!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

You're not too late at all to apply for medicine through UCAS however you must book your UKCAT test now. The closing date for this test is some time near the end of september I think. If you click on this link you can book your test. You can choose a date that suits you to sit the test and there are a few locations to choose from. Book this test as soon as possible as many of the dates are completely booked out already!! I have mine tomorrow!!

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

Hey final day for UKCAT is the 9th Oct, good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Does anyone know the entry requirements ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

yea how many leaving cert points will give you the right Ucas points E.G 480

Advertisement