Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for setting up a Website

Options
  • 27-08-2009 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hey guys.I was recently thinking of setting up my own website.I don't know much about the area of Web domains and so on,I was wondering does anyone know where i should start,ive found out that it costs about 23 euro mark (ex-vat),not to sure?I also was wondering does anyone know og a good hosting company,ive heard Good things about blacklight.does anyone know who is the best?I was also wondering is it costly seting up a Website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Your looking at about 3euro per month for basic shared hosting these days , when signing up most allow you to also register a domain name. You'll then get access to a web based control panel to help you manage setting up your site , as well as FTP details to let you upload the website onto the server.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hey guys.I was recently thinking of setting up my own website.I don't know much about the area of Web domains and so on,I was wondering does anyone know where i should start,ive found out that it costs about 23 euro mark (ex-vat),not to sure?I also was wondering does anyone know og a good hosting company,ive heard Good things about blacklight.does anyone know who is the best?I was also wondering is it costly seting up a Website?

Theres no hosting discussion allowed on the forum - see the sticky at the top.

As regards a domain yes around that price is correct depending on if you want .com or .ie, the latter you need to provide some documentation to secure.

As regards web design costs it depends on the type of site you want to be honest. If its for a business or a personal website such as a blog, if it has a CMS or ecommerce included. It could be anything from a few hundred to a few thousand it all really depends on the spec.

Advertisement