Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For any cyclist with an Iphone- run keeper for tracking cycles

Options
  • 27-08-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have an Iphone and installed a free app- run keeper (lite version).
    I tried it out last night for the first time and was highly impressed.

It uses GPS to give live data- distance and speed, inclin, exact path on a map etc. Afterwards it stores my history and I can uplaod to their website all my history and some more bits.

Cheers,
    Pa.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

One of my mates uses it, he runs and goes for the occasional cycle with myself, works fine but found a discrepancy with it and my speedo of a couple of km. One of the other guys had the same KM's as me on his speedo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I use the Nokia version, sports tracker. I find that the speed isn't the most accurate but that's not something I worry about, I concentrate on the overall result. The other thing that is a huge pain in the ..., is when it loses signal and you don't find out for another 50kms or so. Overall for something that's free it's fantastic, you can see gradient, keep track of how your training is going (you can manually type in those ones where the GPS loses you), it is a bit of a motivator when you see in front of you a bar showing this week that you've done SFA compared to last week and you've only two days to sort that out. Anyone with a phone that can download one of these free either run keeper or sports tracker should definately do it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

be careful a firend got a free iphone gps app, however it charged for use of the gps tracing on the o2 network, got a heft bill for a 5 day mtb trip in wales!

Advertisement