Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOD 4 times in last few hours- Virus?

Options
  • 27-08-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Looking for some help on this, suspected virus/trojan

I've gotten 4 blue screen of deaths in the past few hours, generally after using the internet or games on my laptop. I also noticed it occurs around te time when McAfee is asking a program for permission to access the internet.

I'm using Vista 64-Bit.

I'm suspecting it may be a virus and looked up some of my process which don't have a description. One of them csrss.exe can apparently be a disguise for Trojans and Viruses but that is only when two instances of it are running. If i click on sho processes from all users two instances of csrss.exe are running and both use a differenet amount of memory.

csrss.exe SYSTEM 00 1,776K Client Server Runtime Process

csrss.exe SYSTEM 00 2,152K Client Server Runtime Process.

Doing a system virus scan at the moment

I'm clutching at straws here but just seemed suspicious.....any help would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭eshortie

I also added a program located in my program files as trusted by accident yesterday. I have just blocked it now...after another BSOD

It was C:\program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

It's apparenly from Apple but I don't have any Apple Products, some people say it can be installed with Photoshop, maybe that's how I got it. But I installed Photoshop ages ago

Advertisement