Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore this weekend

Options
  • 27-08-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys,

Heading down to Dunmore East this weekend with family and thinking of bringing the board along for the ride. Never surfed Tramore / Waterford before, so anyone any ideas of what its like this time of year? Have checked out Magic Seaweed and the swell is looking pretty crappy. There might be a small ripple on Monday! Do you reckon its a waste of time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Magicseaweed is never very accurate for tramore and is always getting it wrong, id advise to bring your board just in case and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Looking at the charts for the weekend, the swell is coming from a westerly direction at start of weekend but turns a bit more SW for late Sun Mon. So there will probably be a bit of a swell building over the weekend. But then the wind direction seems to be more offshore on Fri then turning to Onshore as the weekend progresses. But the wind may change locally so you might be lucky wind-wise! Period-wise it's not the worst Tramore ever saw I would say.

So yea I'ld agree with neon - bring the board just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Freckleina

Cheers guys, I think i'll follow your advise and bring it anyway. There might be something surfable on Monday :)

Advertisement