Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My story.

Options
  • 27-08-2009 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Good morning.

During the summer months my friends and i were on our way to the coast to enjoy the sunshine for the day, we made a stop at a rural town to get icecream, we were sitting in the car parked legaly on the side of a main road when two gardai aproached the car, for absolutley no reason they started questioning the driver, they claimed that a few cars in the area had been stolen and thats why they approached us, but never asked for any documents from the driver, instead they came out with the following "Any thing in the car there shouldnt be lads?" We all looked at each other in disgust.. aware of the fact they had no reason to approach us other thatn the way we looked! (Id like to also stress that my friends and i are honest good people in our twenties, alll holding respectable jobs or attening universitys, we were not targeted beacuse we look rough, because we dont, were expresive and youthfull in the way we dress)
    We were targeted.This is profiling!
    That is not freedom when you can be harrassed by our so-called protectors based on appearence alone, weather they were right or wrong, its not a just reason to drag us out of the car in public and search us!

They gave us a chance to turn in anything we "shouldnt" have.
    First my friend handed over aprrox at most 2 .5 grams of marijuanna without any attitude, we just accepted this was the way it was going to be!
    I then handed over 0.2 grams that i myself had, which is close to nothing!

They guessed right.. but it is not just!

Yesterday i recieved a summons for the 0.2 grams
    and guess what.. my friend has not been summoned and he had far more, but still nothing major at all!
    Why is this??
    Is that legal???
    Not one of us in the car has any prior convictions or any run ins with the law.
    Why me and not him??

Who can i go to question this summons? who can i argue with?? no one!
    Im caught up in a system now where my voice as a citizen is unimportant.

I d also like to make clear the driver does not smoke at all, never mind while driving, my friends and i are against that!
    Thanks to anyone who gives any feed back.

Please dont lecture me about marijuanna unless you yourself are educated on the subject,or and have first hand experience.

I belive it is a plant, that is natural, and no man or woman can tell me that i have no right to it,
    the bible states "you have the right to any seed bearing plant"(something to that effect)
    My body is my first and last gift, it is all i truely own and i make the call on what i do with it.

I am certainly not for "hard drugs"
    I am aware that danger does exist when you abuse cannabis, as it does with anything.
    It is a plant that has been used for thousands of years, its a natural medicine..
    and it is my or anyones right to use it if they should chose so.
    My life is my right.

Please let me know what you think.. personaly and legaly speaking!
    Is this right???
    I can say i am a good hard working involed member of society who is now a socalled criminal!
    Why are the gardai wasting there time and our money on minor things such as this??
    :confused:

I am aware the law is the law.
    But legal and ilegal.. are not the same as right and wrong.

Peace
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Get yourself a solicitor.

A Garda asked you if you had anything on you which you shouldn't (as he's perfectly entitled to do) and you willingly handed it over.

Are you actually asking whether or not a Garda is allowed to ask you a question? (That rhetorical, I'm aware the thread is closed.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement