Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Station Marketing

Options
  • 27-08-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I have been thinking of buying some air time on the screens you see in petrol stations and various shops.
    Has anyone used this form of advertising before and if so did you get a good response?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

I've never used them myself. Just from my personal experieces I would say they don't make much of an impression as I don't ever pay attention to them. There's usually so much going on in a place like that that people don't focus on one specific thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bombe

I havent either but from a cusumer point of view,,,you can't really here the ad's.....depending on where your stop your car you sometimes cannot see the screen and also I am watching my moeny go into the tank.... I would not really look at the TV TBH....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭WHU

Thank you for your replies,
    I have deceided not to go ahead with this because I was in the garage where the screens are ment to be going and guess what they were not interested in having them installed and that the company had been informed, didn't stop the cheeky fcuker trying to get a deposit out of me........
    Be carefull people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

I surveyed all the 'digital signage' providers, prices and 'pitches' for a project last year. Some issues mentioned here. Main consideration: Is the consumer 'captive' i.e. watching.

Most impressive was screens at pumps. Great applications wer car insurance, soft-drink and drink-driving ads at Topaz stations when the consumer really is 'captive' i.e. while pumping petrol for 1-2 minutes.

PM me if you'd like to discuss findings

Advertisement