Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOREX

Options
  • 27-08-2009 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Can any one recommend a free demo account for trading the forex?

One were I can mess around and not have to deposit until I am serious?!

A link would be great!

P.S I have used google but most of them want a deposit!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 patbrady877

you can trade forex with most of the spreadbetting companies. Try worldspreads.ie or deltaindex.ie - the both have demo accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 robmchl

Try a broker with the MT4 platform (search it on google (MT4 brokers, there's loads). Most forex traders use that. You can also design and programme your own templates etc. Whether you use MT4 or not it's handy to be familiar with the platform when so many other traders use it. If you do deposit real money at some stage just be careful which broker you choose as there's some real undesireable ones apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Thanks for the tips guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

• Registered Users Posts: 8 forexmentor

My broker is Alpari you can set up a demo easily enough. It's always good to talk with other traders especially if you are serious about it.

Get in touch anytime!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

I'm with FXCM their charts are pretty good so are their educational videos well they were for me when I was starting out :) using a bit of discretion their signals are pretty good too. There's a few demo accounts there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Firewoodman

Hi guys, I would recommend to try demo and live trading with www.fxsalt.com broker, they are ECN and demo account does not expire unlike other brokers, who give demo account for 30 days or so. www.fxsalt.com have low variable spreads and commission based or spread based ECN accounts, whichever you prefer, and they can offer very fast trade execution, making them suitable for scalpers.

Just my two cents :)

Happy trading to all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I've been using fxcm for the past 3months now, what I suggest is that blow away the 10,00 or 50,000 hypothetical cash that they give you to the ideal amount you would like to deposit.

I did this with fxcm, and I learnt alot.

I will start trading with them for real next week, and yes their signals are good but its no use sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bob skunkhouse

theone wrote: »
    I'm with FXCM their charts are pretty good so are their educational videos well they were for me when I was starting out :) using a bit of discretion their signals are pretty good too. There's a few demo accounts there as well.

Hi,

I do a small bit of dabbling now and again. I was previously with Sharewatch (directsharedeal) but they've been consumed by FXCM. I bought/sold a few shares back in November and I've just checked my account again only to find that I've been charged £25 "monthly inactivity fee" for December. I wont be sticking with these guys if this is the case. Can anyone recommend another online firm to trade with where I'm not paying 300 bucks a year just to have an account?

Thanks,
    Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭delux

I've been charged £25 "monthly inactivity fee" for December.
    if you can write call options on the shares you own it should easily cover any charges like this. That's what I do with my interactive brokers account, sell out of the money calls. It's been working well for me for a couple of years.

• Advertisement

No Call options I'm afraid.

I did see this on their website though...
    Seems like a bit of a contradiction - unless I'm missing something.

http://docs.fxcorporate.com/charges_and_fees_fxcms.pdf

http://www.fxcmstocktrading.com/faq.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paraiceen

Hi,

I do a small bit of dabbling now and again. I was previously with Sharewatch (directsharedeal) but they've been consumed by FXCM. I bought/sold a few shares back in November and I've just checked my account again only to find that I've been charged £25 "monthly inactivity fee" for December. I wont be sticking with these guys if this is the case. Can anyone recommend another online firm to trade with where I'm not paying 300 bucks a year just to have an account?

Thanks,
    Bob.

£300 per annum is a big price to pay just to have an online account.

I see Sharewatch are not charging an inactivity fee trading via the Saxo platform.

<http://www.sharewatch.com/noticesaxo.php>#

Don't know what they are like - Sharewatch were originally taken over by FXCM!

Might be worth checking out if you are an infrequent trader like myself.

Hi,

Yea, I came across this link also in Boards - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056689643
    and it appears this inactivity charge was impacting a few people. I never bothered with Saxo as - in my opinion - the site seemed clunky. I eventually opened up an account with the 'Sharecentre'. They have cheap trading fees and no inactivity charges. Seems to get decent reviews also. TBH trading is something I would like to get into more frequently,but finding the time to do the research and 'jargon bust' makes that less likely.

Regarding the £25 fee charged by FXCM, I wrote them an email explain the charge and the contradiction in their FAQ section (as above). It took them almost a week to reply but in their defence they did refund the money and forwarded the mail explaining the charge for inactivity.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chiefwiggam

Hi,

are there any local, solid, well profitable, fulltime forex daytraders/intraday traders around? ...trading from home etc.

Looking for someone local who would allow me to observe them for a couple of days. I understand, they probably have their own unique system that they use but anyway would love to see someone like this in action that I could ask some questions as they trade.

Im guessing if they are doing well they would probably not want me around, but Ill ask anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

are there any local, solid, well profitable, fulltime forex daytraders/intraday traders around? ...trading from home etc.

Looking for someone local who would allow me to observe them for a couple of days.

sounds very creepy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chiefwiggam

actually it does in fairness :), I mean i just want to basically see them analysing the charts and be able to ask questions

• Registered Users Posts: 2 britneyalston7

Hi guys, I would recommend to try Pacforex trading demo account which is absolutely free  . To request a free demo account visit Pacforex and do what you want to do with free trading account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tniazi

You can make a demo account and then start practicing. Once you are satisfied with their services and feel confident to start trading on real accounts then go for it. GL

Advertisement