Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Characters resurfacing later. Spoilers within, obviously

Options
  • 27-08-2009 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed in the episode on BBC2 right now from season 5 that one of the homeless guys McNulty meets is that beardy lad who worked on the docks in season 2.

Other than the kid who kills Omar, anyone else have little cameos like that popping up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ya there is another flashback to the docks in season 5 but I don't think you've reached it yet.
    The kid who kills Omar is Kenard and regularly appears throughout seasons 4 and 5. (maybe 5 not as much but he still has a good few lines.)
    Randy from season 4 pops up again when interviewed by the Bunk about Lex's murder at the group home.

I'm sure there are a few more but that's all I can think of at the moment. My favourite example of this is actually
    Clay Davis. We see him at a party in season 1 and then he resurfaces in season 2 or 3 again. His role becomes bigger and bigger as the show goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I've watched it the whole way through twice before, but it was on the laptop so I'm only noticing some things now. :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

When Hamsterdam was in full swing, a nice looking middle class girl drove up in a car to score. Later on when Bubbles is at a rehab meeting, she's one of the addicts there, looking like hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

S5 spoiler:
    The dock workers and Nick Sobotka turning up at the end of Season 5 was a nice touch, shows how life just goes on for characters from previous series

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Robbo wrote: »
    When Hamsterdam was in full swing, a nice looking middle class girl drove up in a car to score. Later on when Bubbles is at a rehab meeting, she's one of the addicts there, looking like hell.

I never noticed that. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Are they the same character?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Kenard is in seasons 4 and 5 alright. But in season 3 there is that shootout with Omar's gang. The one where one of his gang (can't remember her name) gets shot. The cops are investigating it and spot some kids re-enacting it in a game. One kid insists on being Omar. That kid is Kenard, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

In Season 2 Nikky Sabodka, Ziggy and Bunk call Sergei 'Boris'. Sergei gets pissed off and says 'Boris, why always Borris?'

Then in Season 5 when Marlo meets him in prison he says 'what up Boris'. Sergei just rolls his eyes. Great bit of continuity.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

I think she is the same girl in the shop talking to old face andre
    the lad who runs a package out of his store
    , he is asking her is she still tricking for some dude..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I think she is the same girl in the shop talking to old face andre
    the lad who runs a package out of his store
    , he is asking her is she still tricking for some dude..
    Blonde girl, Dee Dee?

• Advertisement

Just noticed one in Season 5, episode 9. Not a big one but still
    that drunk cop who was on the detail in season 1, the one who didn't fall, works in evidence control.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

amacachi wrote: »
    that drunk cop who was on the detail in season 1, the one who didn't fall, works in evidence control.

Beats Workin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

krudler wrote: »
    S5 spoiler:
    The dock workers and Nick Sobotka turning up at the end of Season 5 was a nice touch, shows how life just goes on for characters from previous series

I really liked that cameo, season 2 was my favourite and it was great to see him again, although it does raise the question of why he wasn't in the witness protection programme like he was at the end of S2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Volvagia wrote: »
    I really liked that cameo, season 2 was my favourite and it was great to see him again, although it does raise the question of why he wasn't in the witness protection programme like he was at the end of S2.
    don't think he needed it after the case against the greek fell apart

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    don't think he needed it after the case against the greek fell apart

Look at how they treat others who are even slightly suspected of snitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Volvagia wrote: »
    From Nick's Wiki page -

No information about Nick's life since the end of season two was provided, although Simon has since said that Nick left the witness protection program after missing his friends and family, like many who are enrolled in the witness protection program do.
    He may regret that as the Greek and his crew seem to be pretty much back in business down by the docks in S.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Poot as well, working in a foot locker in S.5.
    Have to say its amazing what time and character development can do..after him and Bodie killed Wallace I was really hoping they'd "get got" in S.2.
    Then of course, by S.4, I felt really sorry for Bodie's situation and death, and couldn’t give a f*ck what they did with Poot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

michael's mom is in an AA meeting for a split second with Bubbles in season 1 i think it is.. where he first meets waylon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Shardene turns up at McNulty's 'wake' in the final episode. After a big role in S1, I don't think she had been seen since S2. And still with Lester. One of the few happy endings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

Not sure if this has been mentioned before:

Near the end of season 2:
    Terence Fitz makes a call to the .... FBI field office to see if ... was still working there.... A woman picks up the phone and says he left for DC months ago

.... Season 4:
    Same women is the vice principal in the school - Mrs. Donnelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

amacachi wrote: »

Brilliant, I couldn't figure out where he came from but knew I had seen him before!

Nick Sobotka is in series 5, he shouts abuse at Carcetti when he opens up the new development down at the docks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Not 100% on this but one of the dock workers from season 2 is homeless in season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Hrududu wrote: »
    Kenard is in seasons 4 and 5 alright. But in season 3 there is that shootout with Omar's gang. The one where one of his gang (can't remember her name) gets shot. The cops are investigating it and spot some kids re-enacting it in a game. One kid insists on being Omar. That kid is Kenard, I believe.

If true, that's awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

This is one of the things that I really loved about The Wire, Characters turning up seasons Later!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ardent wrote: »
    If true, that's awesome!

Yeah, I heard that too. Difficult to tell because of his age, but really makes
    Omar's death that bit more poetic. The kid who wanted to be like him ended up killing him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

In season 3 when Brothers assistant guy is checking the gay bars to find Omar when he leaves one of the bars after asking the barman had he seen Omar you can see Rawls drinking at the bar. I laughed hard at that.

I liked the bit in S.5 with Poot working in Footlocker, obviously Bodies death must have made him leave the drug game.

Advertisement