Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sockets mounted on a kitchen worktop

Options
  • 26-08-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Do sockets mounted on a kitchen worktop contrevene any law or safety reg in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SilverBER

I saw a kitchen on display in a showroom that had sockets mounted on pedestal boxes on the worktop - similar to a lab or other type installation. Maybe its allowed but I dont think it is correct because of water ingress etc

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Hoagy

You could always use pop up sockets like these.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

the general rule was always that you can touch the sink with one hand and plug something in with the other hand, the socket has to be too far away to allow for that. So you need to keep the sockets 1.5M from the sink. However it's generally ignored now since tiny apartment kitchens would have no place to plug in a kettle or toaster if it was enforced.

Advertisement