Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest bus route from City Centre to Fas on Jamestown Road, Finglas.

Options
  • 26-08-2009 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey there! Unsurprisingly, I'm from the country! Basically I'm going for an interview at the Fas on Jamestown Road, and I need to know the easiest and quickest bus route there from the city centre.

Someone suggested the 140 to me, but I checked the stops online and there doesn't seem to be a stop near by the fas centre. Am I wrong? If anyone could help, I'd be much obliged! :3 thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep you are! The bus will turn left just before FAS, get off at the next stop and walk back... I'm crap at posting google maps... but at the roundabout at Balbutcher Ln and Jamestown Road, the bus stops just after it turns left.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=106577527796511894177.0004721181e5b23069439&t=h&z=18

Em... hope that map helps... a bit... FAS is marked on the map... just get off before or after the roundabout.

Sorry if I confused you!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Yunalesca

thanks for the help!! :D I'm sure I'll find my way now! :3 If not at least I'll get some excercise :c

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

I'm wondering does anyone know how long it takes to get to Poppintree Pk, Jamestown Road from Westmoreland street by bus 140 on the morning (9am)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

About 30-35 minutes.

lxflyer wrote: »
    About 30-35 minutes.

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

FÁS on Jamestown Road?

"Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate"

Dante, Inferno

HansHolzel why Latin?
    HansHolzel wrote: »
    FÁS on Jamestown Road?

Yep.

It's Italian. It means "Abandon all hope ye who enter" and it's the sign over the gates of Hell in Dante's Inferno.

To use another language to reinforce the point, you might call that place Stalag FÁS.

e.g. when I was there, the toilets were segregated, like in the old South Africa. The nice clean ones near the canteen were off-limits to trainees and staff would actually order trainees out if they found them there.

HansHolzel Now I'm not sure what to expect there as I'll be guest speaker. They do have some facility where I could get coffee? :)

/me Sorry for offtopic.

sebphoto wrote: »
    HansHolzel Now I'm not sure what to expect there as I'll be guest speaker. They do have some facility where I could get coffee? :)

/me Sorry for offtopic.

Coffee shouldn't be a problem in the FÁS canteen but I'd give the deep-fried Mars bars a miss, if they're still on the menu.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

About 30-35 minutes.

Thats about right but i'd add another 10 minutes or so to allow for bad traffic at Phibsboro,the 140 crawls between Broadstone and glasnevin cemetary sometimes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

About 30-35 minutes.

Outbound in the morning? I wouldn't have guessed that.:eek:

dfx- wrote: »

What's your suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

dfx- wrote: »

I didn't guess it.

I looked at the full stop-by-stop 140 timetable on the NTA Journey Planner. It gives a journey time of 25 minutes from Westmoreland Street. I added in a little extra to that in case of delays.

Advertisement