Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths grind advice cork

Options
  • 26-08-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey I'm a 5th year student in cork looking for advice on HL maths grinds

basically where's good? bruce? hewitt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

lotuzplaza wrote: »
    Hey I'm a 5th year student in cork looking for advice on HL maths grinds

basically where's good? bruce? hewitt?

Hi

I did maths grinds in Bruce College on a friday night this year with Sean O Brien and he is absolutely brilliant. He just recently wrote the new rapid revision book for leaving certificate higher level maths, but that does not substitute going to his classes. He also has 2 classes on a saturday morning but I remember him telling us that the friday night class will be finished this year as it was too tiring for students. It was on from 6.30 - 8.00. He also teaches economics which I did in 5th year and studeid myself this year and got a B1. He covers the course in a year comprehensively and I myself did little or no work for maths for the year and just went to his classes and got a B2 this year in the leaving. People in my school thought our own teacher was brilliant but I didnt think so and going to his classes only reinforced my sentiments. The class can be a bit big though so I turned up a good 20 minutes beforehand in order to get a front row seat!

I myself think 5th year is a bit early to get grinds in maths so my advice would be to see how this year pans out for you and then you could go to his classes for 6th year. Or if you really want to, you could tag along to his classes this year and get a head start on topics you may not have covered in school yet i.e integration, furhter calculus and series. He assumes you have no prior knoweledge of any topic and teaches it completely from scratch. Its kinda like Higher Level Maths for dummies.:D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

There's no such thing as no grinds are necessary for 5th year. If you can grasp the maths then, you have less pressure in 6th year and will perform better. I did grinds in 5th year and they really did help me. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with HL Maths and would have done pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

Sean O'Brien. if you can at all, get into one of his classes

Advertisement