Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost picture taken in Edinburgh vaults

Options
  • 26-08-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey we went on one of thos ghost tours in Edinburgh and took pictures inside the vaults. Here's 1 of the pictures, some people see a shadow of a man with a hat,and also the face of a boy. What do you think ? My friend has another one that he says is similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭HerbSimpson

The boys face is under the middle light, you might need to zoom in a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Sorry couldent make anything out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Can't see a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

looks like matrixing to me ,,not paranormal ,,just like looking at the clouds and you see a face the stone work is doing the same in this photo its what is known as a false positive hope you enjoyed the Vaults

not-simulacrum.jpg

matrixing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

I agree with Danny22x, I think this is a classic case of Pareidolia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭HerbSimpson

Cool thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i went to the vaults in edinburgh and took so many photos but got nothing :(

i did feel spooked during the tour, especially in the room with the ghost of the woman who pushed the pregnant girl who stood in the corner, but that's prob cuz our guide was very good at creating an atmosphere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I remember,years ago,I watched a programme about the phenomenon of ghosts and cases that were debunked.
    In one part of the show they conducted an experiment in the area of the Edinburgh vaults where most paranormal incidents were alleged to have occured.
    The nature of the experiment was to put groups of two people into the a specific area of the vaults for the night.What they didnt tell them was that they were testing out a theory.
    This theory was that in the areas where most paranormal activity was reported,exists a higher than normal quantity of a gas or some sort of wave.Forgive me for Im recalling from memory and am not certain.This gas causes mild hallucinations and a feeling of fear and anxiety.
    Anyhow,half the groups were put into areas that had this gas and the other half into clean areas.
    As they hoped the areas where no gas was present the group spent a peaceful night whereas the other group in the contaminated areas reported a feeling of being watched,sensing a presence or seeing things at the corner of their eye.
    Hope the post wasnt overly long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

^^Reminiscent of the simpsons where they're "possessed" by the gas:pac:

Advertisement