Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon D40 Repair:Opinions Requested

Options
  • 26-08-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Friends of mine have a Nikon D40 with a problem. It's about 2 years old, they just take family photos so I'm guessing they have about 2,000 shutter activations at most.

The camera recently developed a problem. It's very difficult to take photos. If they take one photo, it might be 20 mins before they can take another. I don't know what appears on the lcd.

I'm told the camera did not fall or receive an impact

They brought it to a camera shop. They were told the following needed to be done and it would cost €190: New Shutter release mechanism fitted, lens reset, focus reset re-calibrated.

Can anyone give an opinion on this. I know it's hard to say much without knowing the specifics of the problem.

Modus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

my D40 cost 265E NEW from argos NI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

An option would be - buy as above and flog the broken unit on eBay for parts / spares.

Also check out adverts; one at the moment for €300 - on adverts (s/h) with lots of goodies (i've nothing to do with this sale)

Some of the nikon heads may be able to advise would it be worthwhile flashing the camera or how you'd go about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 modus

Thanks. Good thoughts

Advertisement