Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Poland fudges up.

Options
  • 26-08-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

So it seems that the Polish branch of Microsoft thinks that having black people in their ads won't help them sell software. So what do they do?
    They try to remove a black man from one of the pictures on the website.
    The only mistake they made was forgetting to photoshop the guy's hands to match his new face.
    eadcnaaci.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

How do you know it's cause he's black? Could've been because he's old.

But that's pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

The place that I got the pic from was quite sure it was because of his race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

hacx wrote: »
    So it seems that the Polish branch of Microsoft thinks that having black people in their ads won't help them sell software. So what do they do?
    They try to remove a black man from one of the pictures on the website.
    The only mistake they made was forgetting to photoshop the guy's hands to match his new face.
    eadcnaaci.jpg

Personally I think it is another PC hulabaloo...the Polish should be entitled to determine what type of adverts would be most effective in marketing a product.If they feel the majority of the Citizens wouldn't be happy with a black man's face on the Ad...so be it!

In the same vein though, the Polish people should understand other nations views/impression of them.I recall a Polish guy was complaining the Irish people not liking the Polish a few days ago...these things have a funny way of going round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Ah now I see why graphic designers use Macs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thread already HERE

Sorry OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I love the face they shooped in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

hacx wrote: »
    The place that I got the pic from was quite sure it was because of his race.

The Internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

fcekin hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Tbh the hands don't really stand out that much.

I'd be less worried about the photoshop element of the story and more worried with the fact that they don't want a person of a different race in the ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

They're looking at a presentation on Microsoft whitePowerpoint as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

How do we know they didnt just photoshop a pair of black hands onto a white man? Y i dont know...those crazy poles

The picture with the black guys seems pretty photoshoped too.

Advertisement