Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03 S320 cdi

Options
  • 26-08-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭

Relative has the above for sale, genuine car, ive known it from new. Its english. 70k miles, sat nav etc. Hasnt been used much for the last year & a half but was kept started & run every few days. what would it be worth on a private sale. I dont want it but if I got it cheap enough I would take it. Fab car still.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,025 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Rough guess: about €10-12k (including VRT)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

A mate of mine sold a 03 S320 petrol about 5/6 months ago for €12k.
    It had very low mileage, but I still told him to take it quick snap.

I know it's not the same car but just for comparisons sake.

Very nice car though if the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,025 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Hmmmm:

The VRO reckon it's worth €20k, so you'll have to fork out €6.5k in VRT. I doubt your relative is going to sell to you for anything like £5k sterling, so that is probably end of plan :(

Before you give up though, get a written (email) quote from the VRO. They might just realise that the car is overvalued by the calculator.

DATE: 26 August 2009 TIME: 22:20

STATISTICAL CODE: 40789915
    MAKE: MERCEDES-BENZ
    MODEL: S320
    VERSION: CDI 04DR A / SALOON / AUTOMATIC / DIESEL /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: 209
    MILEAGE: 70000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JANUARY 2003

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €20420
    RATE OF TAX: 32%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €6534

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 davegl

mickdw wrote: »
    Relative has the above for sale, genuine car, ive known it from new. Its english. 70k miles, sat nav etc. Hasnt been used much for the last year & a half but was kept started & run every few days. what would it be worth on a private sale. I dont want it but if I got it cheap enough I would take it. Fab car still.

hi mick, actually looking for a diesel one of these at the moment, had a 320 petrol few years ago, any more info? pics? price?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This is not the place to sell or enquire about cars for sale. Take it to PM.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

This is not the place to sell or enquire about cars for sale. Take it to PM.

Thanks

Surely you could be a bit more polite in giving warnings? It comes across a bit heavy handed to me.

Anyways.....if you can get the VRT calculation down I'd go for it. Lovely car but make sure everything works!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Surely you could be a bit more polite in giving warnings? It comes across a bit heavy handed to me.

How that could even be considered impolite i don't know. Either way, this is not the place to discuss this. You can PM me or open a thread in the Helpdesk.
    Now let's keep this on topic please.

Advertisement